Complaint Review: Van Chevrolet

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2003

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Van Chevrolet
8585 E. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Van Chevrolet Offered me a deal; next day the did not have my car! Scottsdale Arizona

On November 30th around 2:30PM, My wife and I went to purchase a vehicle to Van Chevroletand trade-in our 2003 Chevy Trailblazer.

We originally were offered a 2003 Honda Odyssey for $18,500. We took this vehicle for atest drive and we finally decided to start the negotiation.

We sat down with Mr Leonard Smith (salesman) and after a few minutes of negotiation we concluded to settle for 17,100 for the Honda Oddysey, I would trade my Trailblazer for $ 20,000, and I would put down $800.00 (48months at 4.79%apr), my payments would be around $429 a month.

Mr Smith handed us a Van Chevrolet "Offer to purchase form (Form 032-38511-30) with the mutual agreement amounts. We went ahead and started the necessary paperwork and signed about a dozen documents. Around 7:30pm, after being at this location for more than 4hrs, suddenly he goes back to his manager Mr Chris Lee and comes back to tell us that their computers were down, and that they were not able to complete the agreementthat night.

Not believing what they were saying, I had a feeling that
they were trying to back out of the agreement we had. They still
insisted that next Morning we will proceed with the final documentation.

I called next Morning prior to head out to Van Chevrolet, and the tell me that the Van is sold! I am very devastated because I feel the my wife and I have been mistreated, mislead and lied to.

We had a verbal agreement with Mr Smith and Mr Lee. We also have this Offer to Purchase form that they gave us. I still believe they have this 2003 Honda Odyssey at their lot, but they have backed out from our negotiation.

Monday I talked to another manager (Ryan Abraham), who was supposed tocall me back to offer me a similar deal, but never called me back. Thanks Van Chevrolet!

Wil
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2003 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Chevrolet/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Van-Chevrolet-Offered-me-a-deal-next-day-the-did-not-have-my-car-Scottsdale-Arizona-74019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Chevrolet