Complaint Review: Van Chevrolet

• Submitted: Sat, June 16, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 16, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Van Chevrolet
8585 E. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Van Chevrolet Ripoff Credit Fraud dishonest rude purely shady liars Scottsdale Arizona

I recently bought a 2003 Corvette from Van Chevrolet. I explained from the start that I was in the process of refinancing my house and shouldn't be hitting my credit at all because I didn't want my score to have inquiries. But.....the Vette was a killer deal, and I decided I couldn't pass it up. That is where the nightmare began!

I explained to 3 different people, salesman, finance manager, and general manager, that I would only allow them to run my credit through GMAC, since I already have a home loan with them. They assured me that GMAC was the only company that they would check my credit with. I said, "if I can't get the terms through GMAC, then I don't want to buy the car now." To which they replied of course!

To make a long story short, I was lied to about numerous things! They told me my first payment would be 90 days out, but then when I got into the finance office, they said that wasn't possible! They said they would fix the weatherstripping on the targa top, then they wouldn't even put it in writing...They told me that GMAC had approved my loan, which they hadn't.

Two days later I get a call from Van Chevy, and it was someone I had never talked to before, saying they needed a copy of my social security card. I thought this seemed fishy, because usually they need it at time of purchase to approve the loan and securely process identity! Well, I had to bring them my card, only to find out the next day that they had used my card to get me a different loan for a different company! A company I never approved of using! So they couldn't get the loan through GMAC, and instead of telling me, they just ran my credit through more banks to see who would finance me! That, is fraud.

I called the finance manager, Mike Phelps(absolute jerk), he told me that he had the right to do whatever he wanted with my credit and that I gave him permission to run my credit as many times as needed to get me the loan. Then, he hung up the phone on me!!!

Unbelievable! This guy needs to be fired. Anyways, I'm trying to contact the corporate office, although the number is nowhere to be found and no one is willing to help! I would absolutely love to sue this company if anyone knows of a great lawyer!! I was lied to and taken advantage of, and I'm positive that I'm not the first! This cannot keep happening. Don't buy a car from this company!!

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2007 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Chevrolet/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Van-Chevrolet-Ripoff-Credit-Fraud-dishonest-rude-purely-shady-liars-Scottsdale-Arizona-254913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Chevrolet