Complaint Review: Van Chevrolet

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2003

• Reported By:Phoenix AZ
Van Chevrolet
Frank Lloyd Wright and the 101 Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Van Chevrolet consumer fraud ripoff dishonest ripoffs Scottsdale Arizona

*Author of original report: Van Chevrolet rip off - update - I'm a winner!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Dear withheld, Think of doing this,

I bought a used car from Van Chevrolet approximately 2 years ago. When I purchased the vehicle I was sold an extended warranty for $1,500 along with it. It was intended to be a 2 year, 24,000 mile, Silver warranty plan. When I attempted to utilize my warranty before my 24,000 miles was up, I was informed by the warranty company that I did not have the "silver" warranty plan, but I, in fact, had the "Bronze" plan (which covers much less than the Silver plan) according to the paperwork that was sent to them by Van Chevrolet. The person that sold me my vehicle at Van Chevrolet altered my paperwork after my leaving the dealership and gave me a plan that I did not request or approve of.

To make a very long story short, I made many efforts to remedy the situation with Van Chevrolet, to no avail. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, a complaint in Small Claims Court, and an amended complaint in District Court against Van Chevrolet for their fraudulent action and to recover the $1,500 that I was charged and the interest that I was accruing for the plan that I never got to use.

In the end, Van Chevrolet settled with me out of court and I got my $1,500 back. Beware of those salesmen and those finance people!!!! Get a copy of ALL of your paperwork signed by the dealership before you walk out the door!

Withheld
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2002 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Chevrolet/Scottsdale-Arizona/Van-Chevrolet-consumer-fraud-ripoff-dishonest-ripoffs-Scottsdale-Arizona-35689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Chevrolet

Van Chevrolet rip off - update - I'm a winner!!!

AUTHOR: Kara - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to update my previous rip off report to let everyone know what happened. I sued Van Chevrolet in small claims court to get the money back for my service contract that they screwed up. They then got their attorneys to move my complaint to district court.

Unfortunately for them, I am a legal secretary and I know the law and I knew they had committed fraud and breach of contract. So I went ahead with my complaint in district court and upped it to ask for more money.

Ultimately, Van's counsel ended up settling with me out of court - and I got my $1,500 back!! Thanks for all the comments and ideas on how to proceed. To all of you who get ripped off - don't be afraid to fight back!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Dear withheld, Think of doing this,

AUTHOR: The Great Thorn - ()

Take a few moments of your time and check out the below list of web sites and ask yourself ONE QUESTION.

What do these web sites do for car deales?

Then come back to your Rip Off Report and post what you think they do for car dealers NATIONWIDE!

www.jeffsacksandassociates.com

www.appliedconcepts.net

www.joeverde.com

www.grantcardone.com

www.davidlewis.com

Dear Withheld, Try this too.

Send a "Printer Friendly Version" of your Rip Off Report Arizona's state banking commissioner's office.

I wonder how the Arizona's banking commishioner's office would feel about you being sold one thing in the car dealer's F&I Office and then the car dealer telling the bank a different "STORY"

Try lying on a home loan and the bank finding out about it.

Arizona State Banking Department

2910 North 44th St.

Suite 310

Phoenix, AZ 85018

602-255-4421

Toll free in AZ: 1-800-544-0708

Fax: 602-381-1225

Web site: www.azbanking.com

It would be very cool if you were to call your finance company up and ask to speak to the general operator, then ask for their main fax number, Yes and you guest it, fax a copy of your Rip Off Report to them.

Call your local TV station and ask for their fax number, Then fax a copy of your Rip Off Report to them.

I Feel that your TV station will show you that they have no GUTTS! They would never tell consumers just how bad car dealers can be.

TV station's sales departments don't want the news departments to EVER expose the inside dirt on car dealers. Their pay checks would shrink to the size of a PISS ANT.

Never be too fast to love your favorite TV station, NOR your local TALK RADIO station eather!

Car dealers are getting upset because they can't hide anymore!

By the way, Go to any big search engine, like google.com or lycos.com and type in Rip Off and see how many reports pop up.

The hard facts are, that deception can't hide from the RIP OFF Report!

I also say TO HELL WITH the BBB. I feel that they provide a FALSE SENCE of HONESTY to car buyers.

You might also fax a copy of your Rip Off Report to that car dealer who I feel bent you over.

The Great Thorn - Scottsdale, Arizona