Complaint Review: Van Ru Credit Corp.

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2009

• Reported By:Lanett Alabama
Van Ru Credit Corp.
vanru.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-337-8331
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Van Ru Credit Corp. Van Ru Credit Corp. Appeal of Garnishment Des Plaines Illinois

In the mid summer of 2008 I received a garnishment letter from van ru credit corp stating that they would be taking 15% of my check. The on the first check of the garnishment they took only $75 then after that they have been taking $98 to $99 out of my check every two weeks when I get paid If I worked overtime they would take $100 or more. Before hand I had my account set up so they would get $93 every month because that is the payment amount they set up to take out of my account. There were a couple of times when I weren't able to make the full $93 on the date it would be set to come out of my account so I would call in and speak to the dude that was over my account at the time to let them know the money wouldn't be in there and not to draw anything from my account. The representative asked me if I could possibly make a $50 payment instead so if I had that amount at time or later I would call back to pay the $50 but they would still try to draw $93 from my account so I ended up my bank around $170 because they over drew my account. Eventually I wasn't able to make the $93 payments every month like they preferred. So the calls started and thats when I receive the 15% garnishment. Now I have filed for my taxes and they are taking all of my taxes and yet they are still garnishing my check which had made it very difficult for me to pay my other bills. I have called several times and requested to appeal the garnishment or even to lower it. However to no avail I have yet to receive the appeal papers that the 2 different reps I spoken with said would be sent out. It's not that I don't accept responsiblity of paying they are just taking to much. I don't understand how is it they they feel they can take $99 every 2 weeks when I was barely able to give them $93 once per month. Also I never received a letter from van ru or u.s. funds ever until Van Ru called my mothers house and stated that U.S. Funds had sent my account to them.

Shanna
Lanett, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Ru-Credit-Corp/nationwide/Van-Ru-Credit-Corp-Van-Ru-Credit-Corp-Appeal-of-Garnishment-Des-Plaines-Illinois-417472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Ru Credit Corp.