Complaint Review: Van Ru Credit Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, July 14, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, July 14, 2010

• Reported By: Amanda — brick New Jersey U.S.A.
Van Ru Credit Corporation
1350 East Touhy Avenue, Suite 300 E Des Plaines, Illinois United States of America

Van Ru Credit Corporation Van Ru non stop harassment, call at least 20 times in a day, read out to me another persons social security number!, I am not even who they are looking for Des Plaines, Illinois

Van Ru collection agency has harassed me for the LAST time!  Every day, they call at least 5 times in a row. Usually it is a man named Steve.  I hang up, he calls back and I hear his voice, I hang up again. He then calls again, I pick up, hear him and hang up, repeat 5 times.  Now he leaves his end of the line open for 20 min at a time.  I try to hang up and I cannot.  This seems to me like harassment!

Now, the person who they are looking for, is not even ME! They have the name right, and it's sort of a common name anyway.  When my husband picked up one time, they tried to prove they knew who I was, by giving him the social security number and DOB of someone else! Imagine if we were identity thieves or something?  Holy crap!

I ask for Supervisors and they hang up.  Now not just Steve calls, but another man named Thomas and another "gentleman" named Marco.

Oh and to top it off...ANOTHER person, a woman named Crystal just called from this company with this same wrong info.

We are contacting the state attorney general for Illinois and sending a cease and desist communications letter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2010 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporation/Des-Plaines-Illinois-08723/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporation-Van-Ru-non-stop-harassment-call-at-least-20-times-in-a-day-re-623179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Ru Credit Corporation