Complaint Review: Van Ru Credit Corporation

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: Bob — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Van Ru Credit Corporation
8550 Ulmerton Rd Suite 255 Largo, Florida United States of America

Van Ru Credit Corporation Van Ru Refusing to provide me with proof of debt & call me constantly! Largo, Florida

I am receiving calls on a daily basis from these people.  I get calls not only on weekdays but also on weekends.  I get at least 10 calls a day.  I am not over exaggeration, I seriously get this many calls per day.  I tell them each time that I am not paying for something that I do not owe.  I tell them I want them to send me proof of this debt they are trying to collect.  They tell me they will send it and it will take 4-5 business days but I never receive anything but a collection letter that confirms my agreement to settle.  I never agreed to anything!  12 years ago I paid off and cancelled one of my credit cards because the interest rates went up.  According to Van Ru collectors, this credit card company shows that I owe over a thousand dollars of unpaid finance charges because I failed to make my last payment on a timely manner therefor the interest was compounded and tacked on to my final bill.  Even if this was true, it was 12 YEARS AGO!  Van Ru Collectors ask for my bank account.  They tell me they will settle for less, they keep calling and keep harassing even though I tell them I am not paying for something that I do not believe I owe.  I have asked them to stop calling but the calls continue.  I have checked my credit report and they don't even show up on my credit even though the collectors tell me that it is on there.  I just want the calls to stop.  I work a very hectic schedule and do not need these people harassing me while I am at work.  I will be filing a formal complaint with the FTC and sending these people a formal, certified letter and I am hoping that will stop the calls.  As far as that guy Christian that says they do not make several calls a day for just one account, he obviously does not want people to know their true practices.  I am living proof that the calls come in constantly and even though I tell them I do not owe this debt and want proof, they do not send it to me.  These people need to start sending out valid proof of debts before continuing to make harassing phone calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporation/Largo-Florida-33771/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporation-Van-Ru-Refusing-to-provide-me-with-proof-of-debt-call-me-cons-961863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Ru Credit Corporation