Complaint Review: Van Ru Credit Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2007

• Reported By:New York New York
Van Ru Credit Corporation
11745 Bradley Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Van Rue Credit Corporation tries to collect deferred debts from soldiers in Afghanistan ripoff Milwaukee Wisconsin

Before my son Robert left to fight in Afghanistan, his Commanding Officer faxed his orders to the company that held his student loan so it would be deferred until he returned. It somehow fell through the cracks and wound up at Van Ru (Rue?) Credit Corporation.

Instead of understanding that this was an error, that the boy was fighting a war, the person in charge of the account (Jeremiah Douglas) repeatedly called me and harassed me. He informed me that the loan was being called in and that if my son didn't pay the entire balance immediately he would "make sure that Robert never owns anything" and that he "will destroy Robert's credit for the rest of his life."

But the worst thing he told me that really blew me away is "well, he's living there rent free on taxpayer money, isn't he?" I had to hire an attorney to speak to him to tell him that what he was doing was illegal and that we would be filing a lawsuit.

I immediately received a call from his supervisor, Lisa Farvour, who was at least willing to work with me to get this taken care of. But it's not over - today, 3 months later, I received another call from Jeremiah Douglas. This company uses fear tactics to collect debts, and tries to collect debts that are not even debts!

If this is the way that corporate America treats our soldiers, no wonder moral is so low right now.

New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2007 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporation/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53224/Van-Rue-Credit-Corporation-tries-to-collect-deferred-debts-from-soldiers-in-Afghanistan-ri-243856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Ru Credit Corporation