Complaint Review: Van Ru Credit Corporation

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 22, 2008

• Reported By:Lithia Springs Georgia
Van Ru Credit Corporation
P.O. Box 1027, Skokie, Illinois U.S.A.

Van Ru Credit Corporation's collection tactics are straight out of the middle ages! Skokieskokie Illinois

Van Ru Credit Corporation has really gone somewhere over the rainbow this time. I was contacted a week and a half ago concerning my student loan which has been in forbearance and hardship since 2006 when I stopped working due to medical issues. I left the state I was living in and moved on, at this time I contacted Direct Loan who had my student loan at that time and gave them my change of address and how to contact me.

I recently went back to work this year. I received a letter and phone call recently from Van Ru stating my student loan account was sold to them and now I owed several more thousand dollars than what I really owe because of penalties and interest. I told the woman my story and also how I gave the previous company my contact information.

She said I was lying and that they had sent me a letter advising me of the changing of companies. When I asked where the letter went she said it was sent in 2007 and repeated my old address in the state where I no longer live. When I brought this to her attention she said "so what"! The representative right away started accusing me of trying to not pay my loan.

The person I talked to "Emma" was rude, sarcastic and talked so fast I had to constantly ask what she was saying. At one point she was yelling either I get her the money owed or she would garnish my wages. i asked for a supervisor, she was no better.

She talked faster than this Emma person and both suggested that I get them someones checking account number so they could get the down payment of $232 as a one time pledge that I would pay them. The other ways they suggested I get money to them was outrageous, as well as virtually giving me no time to do it. I still have not received the repayment agreement letter they said the mailed me and threatened to garnish my wages if I didn't respond and send it back.

I did receive it in a fax after contacting 2 supervisors who told me the first fax was sent to the wrong fax number and ended up in California somewhere. I am depressed and have started having nightmares about the whole situation. These people have to be stopped.

Deborah
Lithia Springs, GA

Daisy
Lithia Springs, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2008 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporation/Skokie-Illinois-60076/Van-Ru-Credit-Corporations-collection-tactics-are-straight-out-of-the-middle-ages-Skokie-393915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Van Ru Credit Corporation