Complaint Review: VanDyk Mortgage

• Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: VanDyk Victim — Bonney Lake Washington United States of America
VanDyk Mortgage
1150 NE Park Dr Issaquah, Washington United States of America

VanDyk Mortgage Josiah Whalen VanDyk Mortgage Beware of Bait and Switch, poor communication, dishonorable practices Issaquah, Washington

*Author of original report: Positive Stides Toward Resolution

After several weeks of research on a refinance of my mortgage I chose to work with Josiah Whalen of VanDyk Mortgage in Issaquah, WA.  We went through several options and to make a long story short we decided on a loan that would meet my needs.  I committed both verbally and in writing to the proposed "deal".  My commitment was acknowledged by Josaih in writing.  The proposal was sent via email followed by documents that were signed electronically. At this time I assume the rate is locked and the deal is solid.  Five days go by during which I call and email Josiah with no return calls or email. Finally I get a call and I am told that the same loan will now cost me an additional $3,764.  After several minutes of questioning Josaih I realize that he did not lock the rate as he shoud have and now the rates have moved and the "discount" is less than it was before and the loan is no longer as profitable as it was.  I'm not completely sure what my legal position on this is but I intend to find out.  What I do know is that this is bad business.  I am not out to condemn VanDyk Mortgage for the mistakes of one of its employees but I am looking to VanDyk Mortgage to make it right and honor the original proposal as sent.  To be fair I have made my position known to Josiah Whalen verbally and in writing, but have not received a return email or call from Jon Barnes at the corporate office.  I look forward to hearing from him with some resolution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VanDyk-Mortgage/Issaquah-Washington-98029/VanDyk-Mortgage-Josiah-Whalen-VanDyk-Mortgage-Beware-of-Bait-and-Switch-poor-communicatio-956900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VanDyk Mortgage

Positive Stides Toward Resolution

AUTHOR: VanDyk Victim - (USA)

Today I was contacted by James Beebe from VanDyk mortgage.  Mr. Beebe was courteous and apoligized for not contacting me when originally scheduled.  I understand a certain amount of missed comunication due to the fact that I am on the west coast and Mr. Beebe is two time zones away in Michigan.  Currently I have verbal confirmation, from Mr. Beebe, that VanDyk mortgage will honor the original deal that was agreed upon by both myself and Josaih Whalen of VanDyk mortgage.  As we move forward I look forward to a complete resolution and the ability to further modify my report in a more positive light where VanDyk mortgage is concerned.