Complaint Review: Vance Peyton Miller

• Submitted: Thu, March 04, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Mika — Los Angeles California USA
Vance Peyton Miller
7904 Santa Monica Blvd. STE 200 West Hollywood, California United States of America
  • Phone: 323-650-5022
  • Web:
  • Category:

Vance Peyton Miller Vance Peyton Miller Ripped me off for well over $4,200. Kept my payments on a national commercial to himself! West Hollywood , California

*Consumer Comment: MGM Management now in Dallas...

*Consumer Comment: new office is scam too

*General Comment: need more information on German Morales

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Contacts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Vance Peyton Miller - Advance LA

I booked a national commercial through Vance at Advance LA. Vance was permitted to process my checks, take out his commission of 10% and pay me the balance within 30 days. Vance cashed 4 of my checks totaling close to $5,000 and never paid me! This started in Aug. of 2009!

His phone # has since been disconnected, bank account is closed and seems to have moved his office as well. Apparently he was switching to a management company and producing a film. The new name on the card on his assistant's desk was "MNM film production"

His assistant's name is German Morales who's signature was on the back of all the checks that were deposited into the Advance LA account. I have copies of them all with the bank account info. German lied to me and acted as if he never came in contact with the checks as they both blamed it on the accounting department... trying to put me off till some payment from the investors of their film came through.... apologizing to me for months. German should be named as an accomplice!

Now I can't even find them to sue them. Many others have contacted me or posted that they've had the same problem. (Not to mention the scam of a workshop that he runs through TLACC. It was like being at a huge cattle call for $600!!!! Children from all over the country. Most of the casting directors that attented were pissed and offended at what a pathetic joke it was!)

We are trying to get everyone together to file a criminal lawsuit so he will stop doing this to people. Even children!

Please contact us and post your stories and any helpful information please!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vance-Peyton-Miller/West-Hollywood-California-90046/Vance-Peyton-Miller-Vance-Peyton-Miller-Ripped-me-off-for-well-over-4200-Kept-my-paymen-578386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vance Peyton Miller

MGM Management now in Dallas...

AUTHOR: Stephanie - ()

I got a call today to set up an appt for my children with "MGM Management" and thought I'd google them to be sure it was all legit... Very disappointed to see these multiple reports.  The website is http://mgmtalent.com and German Morales is listed as the "founder" and their address on the website is listed as 445 South Figueroa- 26th Floor, LA and another address on Pico Blvd -

Someone named Kevin called me to set up the appt in Dallas- 1910 Pacific Ave., Ste.6035 in the Pacific Place Building- Downtown Dallas.

I was hoping this one was legitimate.....We won't be going to the appt....

new office is scam too

AUTHOR: hayworth - (United States of America)

german morales gives out a card claiming he works for MGM managment and the office is located on Figueroa Street in Downtown LA.  this is a scam in itself.  This particular floor is used so that small businesses can appear larger, and more creditable than they really are.  it allows the business owner to give a fancy address in a big high rise building, when really they do not reside here, except to perhaps retrieve their mail.  The address is a SERVICE, that anyone can sign up for, for a monthly fee.

German Morales, and Vance Petyon miller, Brock Mosher, or the "matt" name Vance gives out, are all not to be trusted and should be reported to the BBB as others have noted.

When a real agent wants to represent you, they do not make you pay for classes.  if they feel you need further guidance, the agent pays for this service out of pocket, as you are their investment....and it behooves them to improve your talents.

Please do not fall for these scams.  These guys are tirelessness and VANCE is dangerous.  I found out that Vance does not even have a CA State drivers licence.  He has NO LICENCE to be a talent agent either.

Avoid and report to save other innocent and hopeful people money and disappointment.

#3 General Comment

need more information on German Morales

AUTHOR: Kay - (United States of America)

I would like more information on what happened. I met German Morales 1 month ago. He works for MGM Talent Management in Los Angeles. He wanted to sign my daughter with a 1 year contract in the entertainment business, all aspects, commercials, prints, modeling, etc. . After reading this report I am concerned. I would like more information on what happened, as I do not want the same thing to happen to us.

German Morales business card has an address on Pico Blvd. in Los Angeles, but when you make the appointment with him, he says you must come to our corporate office on Figueroa street in  Los Angeles.

What I noticed is there are no names on any of the office doors. The secretary in the front answers the phones for everyone on the 26th floor of the building we were in.
We were handed a contract to sign right away. He said they had to have it back by the next day so they could set up a photo shoot at the cost of $1075.00 with their photographers, which I can't find listed anywhere in Los Angeles. He said the Photographer was in the same building and he would take us to the photo shoot.

I am contacting you as you requested.

Please respond if you can.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Contacts

AUTHOR: Mandy - (United States of America)

He has done this to many people. Contact Mika C at (((Redacted)))

You can report things like this to CA Dept of Labor Standards Enforcement: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm AND Deputy LA City Attorney,

Mark Lambert http://atty.lacity.org/OUR_OFFICE/index.htm (scroll down for contact info)

Also, google the names "Vance P Miller" and "Vance Peyton Miller" and youll find several links to those who have fallen victim of this scam.

Here are a few:(((Redacted)))

The guy belongs behind bars.

No doubt.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Vance Peyton Miller - Advance LA

AUTHOR: Mandy - (United States of America)

This guy did the exact same thing to me...If he has abandoned his old office on Santa Monica Blvd. - try his home address listed below. I am pretty sure he still lives here.

Vance P Miller