Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortage Company

• Submitted: Fri, April 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By:Marvell Arkansas
Vanderbilt Mortage Company
500 Alcoa Trail Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Vanderbilt Mortage Company Thsi company has been giving us the blues since we first purchased our new home. They went up on our mortage without telling us, our insurance that we pay through them will not fix our house caused by a fire. Maryville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Insurance

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: American Bankers Ins Worthless

We purchased our home from Clayton Home in Searcy, Arkansas. Vanderbilt Mortage Company financed the home. We moved in around June of last year about three months later they raised our mortage rate without telling us. They called me in December of last year stated that we were behind about forty dollars or so and I asked them for what and that is when we were informed about the increase. I asked for something in writing and never received it.

To top that off on February 28, 2008 my house caught fire from the back due to a wire on the outside of the home and I have reported it to them. We are paying our insurance with our house payment but they refuse to fix the wire saying that it was not covered in our insurance so I asked for a copy of the policy and still I have not recieved that either. Now they are calling us every day threating to foreclose because we refuse to pay them our money. Please can someone help us in this matter.

We know that we have to pay for our home but we feel like we are being robbed out of our land and money that my husbands works hard at earning. I have recently found out that we are not the only ones that they have done this to. Please can someone call me as soon as possible so I that I will know what to tell these people.

Robert
Marvell, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2008 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortage-Company/Maryville-Tennessee-37804/Vanderbilt-Mortage-Company-Thsi-company-has-been-giving-us-the-blues-since-we-first-purcha-326988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortage Company

Insurance

AUTHOR: Cathy & Mike - (United States of America)

Lisa Meade, who is a loan officer with Vanderbilt, told us that we are required to have insurance through them.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

American Bankers Ins Worthless

AUTHOR: Kellie - (United States of America)

Never purchase this insurance through Vanderbilt or any other mortgage company because it is not worth the paper it is written on.  They will never cover anything unless the home is destroyed and all they cover then is Vanderbilt's interest in the home.  Purchase outside insurance through other companies such as Foremost.