Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - Clayton Vanderbilt - Clayton Homes

• Submitted: Wed, January 25, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 25, 2006

• Reported By:New London North Carolina
Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - Clayton Vanderbilt - Clayton Homes
P. O. Box 9800 Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - Clayton Vanderbilt - Clayton Homes ripoff fraud violated my civil and consumer rights, gave legal advice when they were not attornies Maryville Tennessee

First, they said I couldn't be on the loan application because I didn't have enough high credit.

Then several days befor our closing I aked them if my name was on the deed and their manager at the sales lot said this was a community property state so not to worry about it because I wasn't on the deed. Third, my husband passed away six weeks after my cancer surgery and I find out that we didn't have any life insurance on our mortgage. Fourth I have to battle to get my home out of the estate plus keep up my mortgage. The doctors put me on disability. After a few years my fiance and I were told we would have to do a Turn of Equity to get the house because I didn't have enough income for the year. Then at the last minute they said we couldn't have a fixed rate mortgage even though that's what they said it would be but with all I had been through we signed a paper for an adjustable rate mortgage. I also found out I was paying $600.00 more a year for homeowners insurance than anyone else for our modular home in this county. I was being escrowed almost $100.00 a month for homeowner's insurance despite my calling them and telling them this was unfair and probably illegal. The sales lot manager stated he got commission on my homeowners insurance. I was truing to get a local company to insure my home but Vanderbilt Mortgage people said I had to keep including the escrowed amount until they got all the paperwork from the company who was going to insure my home. But being on a fixed budget I couldn't afford to keep paying an extra $100.00 a month and pay my pemium with a new isurance company. When I realy pressed them about the errors on our turn of equity application they said they would fix them and never did. The error was they didn't have the address of our home right in twodifferent places, The company sent back Two Hundred dollars around the end of November 2005, there was no explanation for this so I called them and they just said I probably paid too much in escrow. The big finding was the fact when my late husband signed his name at the closing in Oct. Of $1999. Through the legal battle it came out my husband didn't have a job when they approved our loan for the final closing. There is so much more. Like the fact on mylatehusband"s credit report he had bankrupties and federal liens that even though they were settled I didn't have any thing like that on my credit report. Our payment (my fiance and I's went up to $640.00 a month Three months after we signed our turn of equity) because of the adjustable rate mortgage. It has beena terrible struggle. Medical and RX bills and fighting a company that knew myhusband did not have a job the day of our closing has been a hug burden on me physically and financially. And by the way they rotate these managers or the vanish into thin air???!!!!!!What's that all about?? They also never escrowed my real estate taxes for the county like every normal mortage for a home has. Beware of these people.

Patriicia
New London, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2006 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-And-Finance-Clayton-Vanderbilt-Clayton-Homes/Maryville-Tennessee-37802/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-And-Finance-Clayton-Vanderbilt-Clayton-Homes-ripoff-fraud-violated-173255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - Clayton Vanderbilt - Clayton Homes