Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage - Clayton Homes

• Submitted: Thu, August 25, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 25, 2005

• Reported By:Ash Grove Missouri
Vanderbilt Mortgage - Clayton Homes
500 Alcoa Trail Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Vanderbilt Mortgage - Clayton Homes Ripoff, Stuck with an unsellable Mobile Home Maryville Tennessee

I too had fallen victim to Vanderbilts Mortgage ripoff. I was getting a divorce in early 1999 and decided I didn't want to rent. Figured buying would be better so I wasen't just throwing money away. Unbeknownest to me that's exactly what I was doing when I agreed to Vanderbilts/Claytons finance agreement.

I bought a brand new unit in 2000 with a loan around 27000. Yes I signed the loan agreement and accept the liability of such agreement but what a huge mistake I had made.

I lived in the unit for a year and wanted to sell it. Could not come even close to what I owed and I lived in it myself and kept is as good as new. Here I owed 27000 and couldn't get an offer over 13000.

So here it is 6 years almost 7 years later, I still own it with around 21000 to 22000 still owed, supposedly at 10% interest and cannot even start to sell it. One of lifes little lessons I suppose and for a loan I would never recommend Clayton or Vanderbilt to my worst enemy !

Steve
Ash Grove, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2005 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Clayton-Homes/Maryville-Tennessee-37804/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Clayton-Homes-Ripoff-Stuck-with-an-unsellable-Mobile-Home-Maryville-154955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage - Clayton Homes