Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage Company

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2006

• Reported By:Ardmore Oklahoma
Vanderbilt Mortgage Company
P.O. Box 9800 Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Ripoff liars and credit reporting mistakes harrassing and breaking the law Maryville Tennessee

Oakwood helped me sale my home in 1994. They found a buyer and even financed them. In 2000, I get a call from Vanderbilt saying that the home was repossessed and that I need to pay the balance because the person who had it repossessed filed bankruptsy and was on disability and they can not collect from him. I don't owe it, never had it repossessed and refuse to pay them, so they report on my credit that I have had a home repossessed in 2000, 2002, and 2004 and they pull up my credit every few months like I am applying for credit with them and knock down my credit score so that I will pay them. They have even offered for me to pay $600.00 to them and they will remove it and they say the balance due is over 6,000.00. I think that is wrong and harrassing. I did not have a home repossessed and I can't find out from Oakwood who bought the home because they no longer have the records. Vanderbilt refuses and can not send any documents showing that the home was repossessed from me and that I owe the bill because it was not but they refuse to correct my credit reports and intentionally continue to add damaging marks to my credit. They are liars and manipulators and should be put out of business.

Ardmore, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2006 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Company/Maryville-Tennessee-37804/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Company-Ripoff-liars-and-credit-reporting-mistakes-harrassing-and-brea-176836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage Company