Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage

Vanderbilt Mortgage
PO BOX 9800 Maryville, California United States of America

Vanderbilt Mortgage Constant Harrassment Maryville, California

*Consumer Comment: Rock and hard place

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your hard times, and I know you won't want to hear this, but..

Had my mobile home financed through Chase and they were no longer going to finance mobile homes so they sold my note to Vanderbilt. WOW my life has been hell ever since. They are constantly harassing me. They call people with our last name that we don't even know looking for us when they have three phone numbers for us. I got laid off from my job three years ago and just started working again. My husband has been in and out of work as well with the bad economy  really affecting his trade. I admit I don't always make my housepayment on time but always pay. My payment is due on the 14th of every month and always get it in by the end of the month. Once I make the payment to them and they can't harass me over that. They start calling my mobile home park to see if I paid them and the park manager will tell them " we are working with them" They start harassing them too so they can try to pay my space rent so they can foreclose. Why they would want my lemon of a house I don't know? This last harassment from them just put me over the edge. I got a call from my rep so I called in and advised that I will have the payment in on the 31st. The rep then kept calling me so I kept returning her call but didn't have time since I was on my lunch break for them to track her done so I once again advised I will pay on the 31st. So she called again on the 30th and I was at the end of my lunch break so I answered. She went on to tell me if I didn't pay that day(30th) that I have to pay March and April's payment.  How can she tell me I have to make a payment that isn't due for 15 days or they won't accept the late one. They then went on to tell me they are blocking me from making payments so I can't make the March one. How is this right?? Is there anyone out there that would like to start a lawsuit against Vanderbilt. We have to do something!!!!!!!!!! We can't let them get away with this anymore!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage/Maryville-California-37802/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Constant-Harrassment-Maryville-California-862569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage

Rock and hard place

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Once they stop accepting payments it generally means they intend to pursue foreclosure. I think you need to be proactive on this and get legal help, before they start tacking all kinds of additional fees onto the principal and dig a hole you'll never climb out of.

One way or another, though, you need to find a way to pay this thing on time. One might expect them to grant leeway when a payment is late once in a blue moon, but not when it becomes an every month occurrence, and 2 weeks late every month, not just a day or two. Your pattern of lateness probably gave them sufficient grounds to consider the loan in default.

Sorry for your hard times, and I know you won't want to hear this, but..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

They are trying to protect THEIR property (the trailer) and that includes making sure lot rental is being paid to prevent liens against THEIR property.

You DO know it's THEIR'S until fully paid for, don't you?

"Is there anyone out there that would like to start a lawsuit against Vanderbilt. We have to do something!!!!!!!!!! We can't let them get away with this anymore!!!"

"Had my mobile home financed through Chase and they were no longer going to finance mobile homes so they sold my note to Vanderbilt. WOW my life has been h**l ever since."

What would this lawsuit allege?  They appear to be following the law concerning your late payments and protecting their asset.

What does the Chase loan sale to Vanderbilt have to do with anything?

Would Chase just have ignored your late payments and failure to pay space rental in a timely manner?

I think they would have acted in a very similar fashion.

I hope your finances improve soon and wish you luck, but I don't see ANY Ripoff here.

flash