Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage

• Submitted: Sun, October 07, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2007

• Reported By:Maumee Ohio
Vanderbilt Mortgage
500 Alcoa Trail Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-970-7250
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Vanderbilt Mortgage Evicted me... Maryville Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Escrow

*Consumer Comment: Vanderbilt Mortgage is the worse Con Artist in American Financing

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: talk

I got behind on my mortgage payment and they never wanted to work with me. I never liked talking to them because they were always so rude. The triler park that our home is in has lot rent that is over $400 dollars a month. They always called my family memebrs telling them all my info. They were always ending someone out to take pictures and telling whoever was at my house my business and warning them to have me call them. Well hello try being a little more friendly and maybe I would. In April 2007 I contacted my rep and he told me to get with my husband pack our things and get out. Mind you I was going to have surgery on May 1st and anything I brought up to them on why I was behind was all not important. He told me I had only a few days to get out. So I took off work to pack and move frantically because I didn't want them taking all my belongings. Now it took them 2 or three months to finally come and takeover. I had to keep calling because the trailer park wanted to take me to court every month for non payment of rent. Well that was all Vanderbilt I was out so I was not paying rent.
Well it is now October 7th and the house has a For Sale Sign in and it still sets empty. We could have been cought up by now. The reason we got behind on the payments is because the park started filing by the 12th of the month for eviction. Well depending on the way we got paid we had to pay it late. Everytime they filed we had to pay an extra $300. There went part of our house payment right there. When I told Vanderbilt Mortgage on what was happening they said it was all not important.
We lived in our home for five years and everyting started to go wrong with the house within in the first two. Like the corners of our home were splitting and when I called the house company they only fixed one corner. You could hear the wind through them.
I had the impression in the beginning that our mortgage was fixed too. It always was going up. Well that is enough on Vanderbilt Mortgage because I could go on FOREVER!! Thanks Vanderbilt for getting me out of the park and my falling apart home.

Hdavis
Maumee, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2007 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage/Maryville-Tennessee/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Evicted-me-Maryville-Tennessee-277629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Escrow

AUTHOR: Just Viewing - (U.S.A.)

You state in your complaint they had you sign an escrow agreement for insurance. A lot of people do not know how escrow works or it is never explained to them correctly.

The escrow form you sign is for future insurance. Here is an example of how it works.

Say you purchased your own insurance at the beginning of the loan. Let's say the premium was $900 for 3 yrs. Vanderbilt will start escrowing 12 months prior to the renewal period. They will add an amount each month and put in the escrow account. When it is time for your insurance to be renewed, they send the payment from your account. If there is not enough funds in there to cover the new premium, this will make your account negative. Vanderbilt pays the entire premium regardless, but you do have to pay it back.

Now lets say your account went into the negative because your rates went up. Your escrow amount will go up more because now you are paying back the negative escrow and the escrow being collected for next years premium.

Escrow is a great idea to most. It keeps you from having to take the insurance renewal out of your pocket all at one time, in one LARGE lump sum. Yes it does increase your payment, but personally I would rather pay $50/mo than one payment of $500.00 or more in one month.

I am just trying to shed some light on the escrow/insurance situation. It is difficult to understand if no one takes the time to explain it to you.

Hope this helps.

Vanderbilt Mortgage is the worse Con Artist in American Financing

AUTHOR: Thunder - (U.S.A.)

The past 5 years has been pure hades in dealing with Vanderbilt Mortgage. The account was set up wrong to begin with but they didnt care.. The papers my husband signed was switched to different ones... I lost all my records due to a faulty defect in the kitchen sink sending water in my drawers, who would have thought that water would go up the walls and out and down in the floors and every were.. The mobile Home has water leaking thru the electrical wires under the vent over the stove.. The waranty expired after the 4x fixing it.. go figure.. .then learn that this model was bad for defects and no longer in production. I would say not,,, since the electrical sockets poped out after 6months..

The mobile home lot said they were not covered.vanderbilt calls every month, twiced a week some times and are the rudest down right nasty threating people I have had to deal with ... I was in collections for 10 yrs so I know what they are doing is wrong.....I am not the only ones I usually see 5 other Vanderhells's customers doing the same thing paying via money gram we talk and its the same thing same story different people.

I even explain that were not behind but yet they say we are.. I ask them for proof of the missed payment..but yet i never get an answer we send thru money gram since the payments via mail was lost or never posted. even the ones that was marked registered mail with tracking. I would check the tracking status and yep the payment reached the company but it was never posted and when i called the money order it was either cashed by Vanderbilt or never cashed.but tracking said the company had it.... so i had to pay to get that recovered and yes i was told it was late payment..

The payments went up every year said it was the insurance in our escrow acct.. what escrow on yeah the one that Clayton HOmes manager had my husband to sign un the assumption that it was for the insurance.. The paper did say insurance form and not escrow but the ones they gave us was escrow.. go figure. and no honest mortgage company will take over a the loan.. Vanderbilt has this non competitive clause signed with them.. as soon as you mention Vanderbilts name the other companys hang up.. whats up with that.. not to mention that I have been called on New years day.. saying I was late when the payment was mailed and of course they didnt care that it was a holiday and the mail was running behind..

they never give you a straight answer or they threaten to take the home away. wich is against the collection laws.. they dont care they are just evil.

This Company needs to be investigated unless they are bribing officials from investigating them

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Lite - (U.S.A.)

a companies attitude is never a reason to not speak to them..if my home or car was on the line i would speak to a pit bull.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds