Complaint Review: Vanderbilt/Home First Agency/American Bankers Insurance Of Florida

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:Gloster Louisiana
Vanderbilt/Home First Agency/American Bankers Insurance Of Florida
5000 Clayton Road Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Home First Agency/American Bankers Insurance Of FloridaVanderbilt/Home First Agency/American Bankers Insurance Of Florida Home First denied claim Maryville Tennessee

*Consumer Suggestion: bbb

I purchased a 1997 double wide from Oakwood in 2000. Oakwood went bankrupt in 2004 at that time Vanderbilt took over and placed my insurance with Home First Agency. I have had one claim with them out of 5 years for hail damage which they denied. Well in March of this year I had a valve on a pipe connected to my hotwater heater to start spraying water at the first sign of my floor getting wet I contacted them they sent out an adjuster who said the hot water tank had been leaking from under the bottom a long time that's when I hired a plumber who wrote a statement saying the hot water tank was not leaking but a valve on the cold water pipe was spraying water. That info was faxed to them they are still denying my claim stating the hot water heater was leaking for a long time and that is not covered. My policy states an exclusion caused by continuous or repeated seepage of water or steam from within a plumbing, heating or air conditioning system over a period of time. What they will pay for is sudden and accidental, Now if my valve on the pipe starts to leak water that has not been leaking before I do believe that is sudden and accidental.

Then to top it off the claim representative (Barry) called me and asked did I have plywood floors or particle board floors. I told him particle board floors which he already knew since he sent me some courtesy adjusments that said R&R 1/2 inch particle board floors. Well Barry told me if I had particle board floors they can look at my claim differently. When I asked him about it he said it is not covered and acted like he didnot remember telling what he had told me. Now I have molded walls, my floors look like a mountain with humps and a few holes in the floor. Basically this insurance company want you to pay,pay,pay, but when it comes down to paying for damages you will only get a hard way to go and fix yourself. Y am in the process of finding my own insurance because Home First is a ripoff and will not get anymore of my money!!!! I filed a complaint with the La Insurance Commission and still waiting!!!!!

A very pissed off lady!
Gloster, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VanderbiltHome-First-AgencyAmerican-Bankers-Insurance-Of-Florida/Maryville-Tennessee-37802/Home-First-AgencyAmerican-Bankers-Insurance-Of-FloridaVanderbiltHome-First-AgencyAmeric-458059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt/Home First Agency/American Bankers Insurance Of Florida

#1 Consumer Suggestion

bbb

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

contact the better business bureau if nothing else it will lower bbb rating
www.knoxville.bbb.org