Complaint Review: Vandergriff Collision Center

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:hurst Texas
Vandergriff Collision Center
901-b East Division Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Vandergriff Collision Center shady buisness dealings Arlingtonarlington Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Total Losses

On March 3, 2008 i was driving down precint line road. A man pulled out of a gas station right in front of me. I swearved to try to avoid him but he struck my rear passanger side door. I have a 2000 ford escort. A car i have never had problems with...It smashed in my rear passanger side door.The mans insurance agency sent my to vandergriff collision center in arlington to get an estimate for the cost of repairs to my car.

Well after about two days his insurance agency tells me that the man at vandergriff collision center tells them on his report that my car has been declared a total loss. Now this is simply just a rear passanger side door that is dented in , causing it to rub against my tire. I was freaking out telling them " are you kidding me. this is a very good running car and he is saying its a total loss over a dented in door" The whole thing sounds very shady to me. cause even my insurance agency couldn't believe it would be declared a total loss over simply a dented in door.

The man who hit me actually tried to leave the day he struck my car and i had to speed up behind him and honk for him to pull over. Then his insurance agency tells me that they made several attempts to contact him and he is simply not answering his phone.The cost of my repairs to my car i was told is 1798.23$. One part on my car a coil thing behind my wheel the man at vandergriff told me was cracked and needed to be repaired . I had someone look at it and they told me it wasn't cracked at all.At the time of the accident i only had liability so i am basically right now stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hope they can be investigated because there is something shady going on.....

Diamond1
hurst, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vandergriff-Collision-Center/Arlington-Texas-76011/Vandergriff-Collision-Center-shady-buisness-dealings-Arlingtonarlington-Texas-315185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vandergriff Collision Center

Total Losses

AUTHOR: Vandergriff Collision - ()

First of all Diamond1, I'm sorry you had to go through having your vehicle declared a Total Loss. It's heart wrenching, and we wish nobody had to go through it. Although we understand your frustration, please know that our shop really had nothing to do with your insurance company making the determination regarding the value of your vehicle. Older model cars simply do not have a high blue book value - even though the car was clearly very valuable to you. Additionally, it was not our fault that you only carried basic liability insurance coverage.

To anyone else reading this report, please know that Vandergriff Collision never repaired this customer's vehicle, and were honest with him regarding the cost of repairs in relationship to the value of the car. We have the highest possible customer service standards, and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.