• Report: #1019283

700 Ruskin Dr. Forest Park, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 404-363-8390
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Vanguard Truck Center of Atlanta GMC and Volvo Truck Center We Just Sold You A Wrecked Truck! Forest Park, Georgia

*Author of original report: Dealership knew truck was wrecked

*Consumer Comment: This was avoidable

Congratulations, we just sold you a wrecked truck! I never saw it coming. March 24, 2010 I went to Atlanta to buy a truck. I had finally started my own company and all I needed was a truck. Well I spoke to Hal who was the used truck salesperson. I told him I had $ 28,700, at that time he told me Don't Worry We Will Take Good Care Of You. I should have ran. I went to Dealership next day and the truck still needed to be cleaned, so I ask the Salesman 3 important things had the truck been involved in any wrecks, floods, and who was previous owner. Well he told me no wrecks, no floods, and he couldn't give me previous owner. I asked was there a warranty and he said no...as is. I bought truck and realized on the way back home I had made a horrible mistake. Truck wouldn't idle or cruise didn't work. When I tried to bring to their attention they didn't want to here it. As the days went by after 2 months I was very upset with a 2 page list of thinges wrong, I had to call Sweden Volvo just to get something done. Just so u get the big picture. I have a signed paper where they inspected and service the truck and they didn't. So after 2 months the stack turned around, door panels fell off , some trim fell off etc... They decided to do the repairs. Estimated cost 10,000, so they made me sign a hold harmless contract just to get truck back. Well the problems went on numerous of tires, windshield, cup holder shock off. I have pictures have numerous repairs and took it to several alignment shops that told me the truck hadn't been wrecked but I knew better. After all the tears and almost three years gone by I happen to get in contact with the right allgnment shop. To find out. I ws right I was told that the truck was involved in a Jacknife or it was side swipped. I was told the truck is literally shaking apart and I can't hook a trailer to it. I've tried to contact them about the truck and they hung up and told me not to call anymore. Now I sit here with $1200 payment. I wish I could turn back time. I need help and don't know where to turn. I have lost everything. I lost my company, wages, and I feel discriminated against. I checked carfax and rigdig, they didn't show anything. That's why they didn't tell me the previous owner, it happen to be a Swift truck, private insurance company they don't report accidents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanguard-Truck-Center-of-Atlanta/Forest-Park-Georgia-30297/Vanguard-Truck-Center-of-Atlanta-GMC-and-Volvo-Truck-Center-We-Just-Sold-You-A-Wrecked-Tru-1019283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanguard Truck Center of Atlanta

Dealership knew truck was wrecked

AUTHOR: Joyce Buchanan - (USA)

First, I would like to tell you I test drove and inspected the truck the best as I could. I will always believe they knew the truck was wrecked. When 2 months went by the stack turned around, door panels fell off, trim fell off, oh and I forgot the bolts fell out of seat belts. I've been driving at that time 15 years and I know a steer tire want do that and any other mechanic that I told that and asked said it sounds like I have a wrecked truck. they knew, and if you ask for previous owner they are suppose to tell you. A lot was covered up. I had a mechanic that works for Volvo inspect truck and they told me that there are parts missing off truck that aren't suppose to be removed unless by dealer. I believe I was discriminated against basically because I'm a woman. The truck had tires on it that were way over 5 years old, so I ahead you are going to say they didn't know you aren't suppose to use tires older than 5 years old. My truck has a 2 inch bend in sidewall. They knew it and tried to cover it up. They told me they didn't have service records. The truck sat 2008-2010 at Memphis Volvo. So Swift had truck from 2005-2008. Memphis dealer told me that the Atlanta dealer bought the truck they were just holding it for them and that Swift gave records to that truck when it wad purchased. So 2005-2008 truck was at Swift, 2008-2010 truck was sitting in Memphis waiting on Atlanta dealership to pick up an thenAtlanta dealership picked up in 2010 then sold to me. Sounds as if they were putting truck back together and if you look at my truck now its different color whites. My truck was pieces together. One day the truth will be known just like I found out truck had been involved in accident.

This was avoidable

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Several shops and the Carfax report indicated that the truck had not been in an accident so it certainly is possible that the dealer was unaware of the truck's history. In the interest of privacy and professionalism a company should not provide customers with other customer's personal information.

You encouraged the dealer to go after all of your money when you foolishly informed them how much money you had to spend. Your report implies that you did not test-drive the vehicle or perform a basic inspection prior to purchase. If prior to purchase you had paid less than 1% of your $28K on an inspection by an independent qualified mechanic there would have been a totally different outcome. Why do you feel discriminated against?

Better luck next time and happy motoring!