Complaint Review: Vanilla Visa

• Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:Riverdale New Jersey
Vanilla Visa
vanillavisa.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Vanilla Visa Received a 50 dollar gift card and tried to use it for a 41.70 dinner. Declined because vanilla Visa added 20% tip to charge Riverdale Nationwide

I received a $50 vanilla visa gift card. I tried to pay for dinner with it. The dinner came to $41.70. The card was declined. I used another card and then called Vanilla visa. After several minutes I finally spoke to someone who told me they automatically add a 20% tip to the bill and that brought the total to 50.04. That was foru cents over my card's limit. Since when does a debit card company have the right to determine the tip. I always thought that was my perogative. The way this company works to use the card you much charge the exact amount on it. I guess with a 50 card if I charged 48 dollars, I would have to buy something that only cost $2. I wonder how much money they collect with amounts left on cards that are too small to use. And then if you wait long enough to use the card, they will deduct money from it.

Ann marie
Riverdale, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanilla-Visa/nationwide/Vanilla-Visa-Received-a-50-dollar-gift-card-and-tried-to-use-it-for-a-4170-dinner-Decli-464737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanilla Visa