Complaint Review: Vantage Funding

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: Displeased — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
Vantage Funding

Vantage Funding Fraudulent Internet

On 8/13/12 I did a check of my account to find check#99455 processed within my transactions. I immediately called my bank for this is not a valid check number for my account. I was told through my bank that this was a paper generated check that Vantage Funding put through to my account. I did some surfing looking for a possible online loan. Vantage Funding generated a paper check with my personal information without my consent. I did not contact this company nor sign any agreement with them to receive this charge. A loan was obtained on my end but not with Vantage Funding. My first contact with Vantage Funding was to dispute this charge not to attain a loan. Upon contacting Vantage Funding on 8/13/12,it was explained to me that the $30 fee would be included within my loan amount. I refused to sign a loan and  was told I would receive a refund of my $30 "check process fee" within 15 days. After further review of my account, I discovered that this unauthorized check would cause insufficient funds for charges I had authorized prior to becoming aware of this fraudulent charge. I contacted Vantage Funding again on 8/20/12 explaining the negative effect this check was causing on my account and the fees accrued through my bank. The representative expressed her apologies and said that my complaint was to be forwarded to the billing department for my claim to be expedited. I was told to keep monitor on my account for a refund within the week. HA! It is now 8/27/12 and no refund. I just got off of the phone with a rep at Vantage Funding. Again I received apologies and was told my claim would be forwarded to the billing department for a second time to be expedited. Initially she expressed that I would receive my refund by 9/4/12, but when confronted with the conflicting dates, the unsatisfactory reports against this company, and the threat of attaining an attorney regarding this case, I was told I will have my refund by the end of this week.  STILL WAITING!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vantage-Funding/internet/Vantage-Funding-Fraudulent-Internet-933592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vantage Funding