Complaint Review: Vantage Press Publishing Company

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Bonita McNickles Buie — Brookhaven Mississippi United States of America
Vantage Press Publishing Company
419 Park Avenue South New York, New York United States of America

Vantage Press Publishing Company Vantage Press charged me $14,000 to print a 131 page book and I haven't seen a dime back in royalties yet and it's been over two years now. The publicity department told me that I had sold 10 books. New York, New York

*General Comment: Ripped off by now closed Vantage Press

*Consumer Comment: Your book appears to have good reviews...good luck to you...

I trusted Vantage Press to print my first book, Through My Sisters' Eyes.  Being a christian, I try to see the best in everyone.   Vantage Press did a good job on the book, but when I was expecting some type of royalty from the book, I didn't get anything.  Back in October, 2010, I called Vantage Press to ask how many books had been sold.

I talked to two different department, publicity and production.  One young lady look on the computer and told me that I had  sold twenty five books  The production department looked on the computer and told that I had sold only ten books, so I asked the young lady why is that I've sold ten books and the publicity department said I sold twenty five.  She changed her story.

A couple of days later I emailed Ingram Book Distribution and asked them how many books have they printed and have gone out.  They didn't email me back.   They called Vantage Press and Vantage called me and left a message on voice mail.  They said in so many words that It was none of my business how many books Ingram sent out.

Here it is 2012 and I haven't heard a word from Vantage Press.  They could send me a statement or something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vantage-Press-Publishing-Company/New-York-New-York-10016/Vantage-Press-Publishing-Company-Vantage-Press-charged-me-14000-to-print-a-131-page-boo-924859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vantage Press Publishing Company

#1 General Comment

Ripped off by now closed Vantage Press

AUTHOR: motherbear - (United States of America)

Hi
Please respond if you'd like to talk more. Vantage press just closed its doors, taking my book and all my money with them!
Email me at alismithphoto@mac.com
thanks
ali

Your book appears to have good reviews...good luck to you...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

on getting any monies due you.

Your bio is most interesting.