Complaint Review: Variety, Freedom Ring, Credit Life

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 26, 2007

• Reported By:naperville Illinois
Variety, Freedom Ring, Credit Life
13799 Park Blvd. #312 Seminole,, Florida U.S.A.

Variety, Freedom Ring, Credit Life rippoff, access to your account with out you knowing it, scam, identity theft Seminole, Florida

*Author of original report: In Case This Happens To You...Here's What To Do

Anyone receiving a call from someone representing Variety, Credit Life or Freedom Ring HANG UP IMMEDIATELY. My husband and I have had over $280 dollars taken from our bank account and have received NOTHING in return. I do not recall exactly who I spoke with (in fact I do not recall giving anyone my bank account, EVER) but regardless, $280.00 has been taken from our family because of a group of people cannot create a REAL career for themselves.

For those of you who may suspect this has happened to you, I am going to give you the exact amounts they have taken from our account:

$1.95 (some kind of fee???)
ONE HUNDRED FORTY NINE DOLLARS (for membership???)
$59.95
$49.95
$19.95

Boy, it would be nice to know what someone is receiving for the money that MY FAMILY has worked hard for. WATCH OUT FOR THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE SCUM!!!

Kat
naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2007 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Variety-Freedom-Ring-Credit-Life/Seminole-Florida-33776/Variety-Freedom-Ring-Credit-Life-rippoff-access-to-your-account-with-out-you-knowing-i-250975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Variety, Freedom Ring, Credit Life

In Case This Happens To You...Here's What To Do

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Update: I was able to get back our money by taking the following action:

-Closing current account & opening a new one
-Filing a criminal fraud report with the bank (it's a bunch of paperwork but it got us our money back!)
-Filing a police report w/local authorities
-Giving that report number to the bank (the bank should tell you to do this)
-Checking up on it occasionally w/your personal banker
-It took us awhile but we got all of it back!!!

I just wanted to help anyone who may go through this in the future. Good luck!!!

Kat from Naperville