Complaint Review: Varsity Ford Service Department

• Submitted: Sat, July 19, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, July 20, 2008

• Reported By:Calvert Texas
Varsity Ford Service Department
1351 Earl Rudder Freeway South Nationwide U.S.A.

Varsity Ford Service Department Varsity ford worked on my alternator kept my 2007 focus for 5days i pd them $618. They messed my radio up and nothing works on my radio and cd. it was working when i took it to them and they claim they dont know what's wrong after i pd them. College Station. Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: I Suspect

I purchase a 2007 Ford focus from Varsity Ford last year , On Monday the alternator went out I called Varsity ford to make an appointment to fix my car for the alternator I Took my car in and left it for them to fix my alternator I went across the hall to Enterprise and rented a car to get back and forth to work this was on Mon the 14th of July they called me on The 18th to pick my car up it was ready they had fixed the alternator and quoted me a price of $618.00 which I Paid them plus enterprise altogether $17500 For the renter car which money's that i really didnt have but I paid them . When I got there to pick my car up as they say it was ready I get in to my car getting ready to leave I noticed that my music was completely off and was not working at all and was working when i took my car there .

I immediately got out of the car and went inside and told the service advisor whom i had delt with throughout this transaction that my radio and cd player was not working anymore . He had me to sit there at the shop for 4more hours waiting on them to see why my radio was messed up they claimed they didnt know what was the problem and I told him that my radio and music was working before they worked on my car and i wanted it fixed. They need to fix what they messed up someone there did not know what they were doing I Want my radio working because that is my main source of relieve when i drive to listen to my church cd's, They are responsible for my radio and they need to take care of it .

vrendia
Calvert, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2008 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Varsity-Ford-Service-Department/nationwide/Varsity-Ford-Service-Department-Varsity-ford-worked-on-my-alternator-kept-my-2007-focus-f-353234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Varsity Ford Service Department

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I Suspect

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I've seen that before. Had that problem a while back. Some radios are programmed with some type of security code where if they are removed from the vehicle, they will not function unless a correct security code is entered. I suspect they disconnected the battery when they were working on your alternator which is almost like removing the radio, cause the power supply is disconnected. Check with ford, not the dealer or another dealer, someone who knows what they're doing. Was this OME or aftermarket? I think on mine, they just turned the radio to the on position, punched in the code and it functioned