Complaint Review: Vartec Telecom - now Birch Communications

• Submitted: Thu, November 13, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 13, 2003

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Vartec Telecom - now Birch Communications
PO Box 219470 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Vartec Telecom (now Birch Communications) ripoff fradulent billing and no response to my request Kansas City Missouri

*Author of original report: My mistake in saying that Vartec is now Birch communications!

Because of consistent billing errors and POOR customer service, in early September, I switched to another telephone service from Vartec.

I had sent in a letter of billing errors, along with documentation (computer generated confirmation of payment), for being charged "late fees" when I had made my payments on time, on Oct 13,"03. On Oct.20"03 I received a "disconnection notice". Since I had already sent a letter in, and also had changed telephone co's., I did not resond to "Disconnection notice".

Later, I tried to make a long distance call thru my new telephone co., I was denied access, and routed to a "collection agency". Anyway, I paid the $23.76 to Vartec, so that I could have my long distance restored. Their "Disconnection Notice" did not say I would be denied ALL long distance service, but just thru Vartec.

Their "customer service" consists of Indians, who don't have much understanding of, or speaking English, and when you ask to speak to a supervisor, after you get the "runaround", you are connected to another individual of the same caliber!!!! That is why I wrote them a letter!!!

DO NOT FALL for 10-10-811 (Vartec) to be your long distance provider! You will be very sorry!

Genevieve
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2003 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vartec-Telecom-now-Birch-Communications/Kansas-City-Missouri-64121/Vartec-Telecom-now-Birch-Communications-ripoff-fradulent-billing-and-no-response-to-my-r-71786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vartec Telecom - now Birch Communications

My mistake in saying that Vartec is now Birch communications!

AUTHOR: Genevieve - (U.S.A.)

I made a mistake in saying that Vartec telecom is now Birch communications! That is not the case, they are still "Vartec, Inc." and have nothing to do with Birch communications.
Sorry!!!!!!!