Complaint Review: Vector Marketing- Chris Ashley

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By:Olyphant Pennsylvania
Vector Marketing- Chris Ashley
67 Public Square Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Vector Marketing- Chris Ashley Discrimination Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: False Information

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Vector .. Not A Scam !!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Multi-Level Marketing? Yes. Scam? No

There is a video with him and another branch manager talking about what the company really is. They state what they make people believe the company is and how they hire receptionists and representatives based on how hot and dumb they are. Exact words:" We hire the dumbest, blondest, hottest b***hes in town pay them $8.00hr. And make them believe we don't make any money off of them but we actually make 25%.

Ashley258
Olyphant, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vector-Marketing-Chris-Ashley/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18702/Vector-Marketing-Chris-Ashley-Discrimination-Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-455782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vector Marketing- Chris Ashley

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

False Information

AUTHOR: Mallory - (United States of America)

I was a Receptionist Manager and Personnel Manager for the company for over 2.5 years, and the company makes no money off the receptionists other than the fact they help the recruitment process. Of course the managers, and myself, hire pleasant receptionists but there is no way a manager would ever want a dumb girl working the phones for him.

Intelligent girls are easier to train and stay with the company longer. And, as I have said, the managers make no money off the receptionists directly. Their job, and my job was, to fuel the recruitment and hiring process. If they do their job well, they get raises. The money comes directly from the district manager's checkbook, so your facts are incredibly faulty.

I know this information first hand, I was in charge of hiring and payroll.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Vector .. Not A Scam !!

AUTHOR: Sarahluvsnick - (U.S.A.)

I am a previous employee who worked as a receptionist for Chris. He is all about what the company is and what they stand for. The job itself is not a scam by any means. He worked with me on a professional level and has never overstepped his boundaries. My pay was always on time and there was never a problem with them.

The video was intended to mock everything posted on the internet against vector.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Noah From Chicago - (U.S.A.)

I worked for Vector for about a month while home from college in 2002 and I don't think it was a scam. I worked part-time out of the office in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. I had a full-time summer job routing taxis so Vector was more of a low paying internship than a 2nd job.

They were very upfront with me about what the job entailed and even told me it was a pyramid scheme. Although I didn't last too long it helped me improve my presentation skills and gave me a better idea of what I wanted to do career wise. I learned that sales are tough and not something I wanted to do. The products were excellent and everyone I sold to still have the knives today.

I'm not a Vector insider, in fact I've been a strong advocate against a company called Scentura Creations who sells knock off cologne to people in parking lots. Search their name on this site and read some real horror stories, now THAT'S a scam!!

Go into Vector expecting nothing more than a low paying internship and if you're a good salesperson you'll make some money.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds