suffering

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: robbedbyvector — Utica New York United States of America
Vector Marketing Company
322 Houghton Ave Olean, New York Mills, New York United States of America

Vector Marketing Company Cutco Knives Big scam... Big Fraud Olean, New York Mills, New York

First off, I would like to say, when you go to work, you would like to get paid, not pay the work. I got a job at Vector's Marketing, as a second job. I needed a part time job to help make ends meet. The place I applied at was in New York Mills N.Y. I read an ad on-line stating that Vectore was looking to hire for full time and part time positions starting at $12 hr. I went for the interview and I was hired that day. Just to make a long story short, I got the job and shortly after, I realized the first lie. You don't receive $12 hr, it's $12 per apt.! And if you sell the product, the base pay is knocked out and you receive commission.

So after doing the math, it wasn't adding up. Just to do the full demo, it takes about 1.5 to 2hrs. Which means, if you hadn't sold any product, you make about $6 hr! So I quit on good terms. ( By the way, the product is way over priced. For exp., my kit costs $300. I could buy my kit for $80. And if you sell so much product, you can make half of what you sell. But you have to sell a ton!) A month or two later, I get a bill in the mail from Vector stating I owe $129.00! Enraged, I called the company. They told me, because I signed a contract stating if a customer returns the product, I have to pay back the commission I made!

Granted, If I was buying a house, I would had read the contract thoroughly, but If I knew that this was the standard, I would had told them where to shove this job! Mind you, when it came to the contract, my manager said: " It basically states, You are receiving cutco products. If I quit the job, I can either buy the product or I have to give it back." That was fine with me. But Why does Vector drill it in your head that when a customer isn't satisfied during a certain time period, they can return the product? Why would they make you stab yourself in the back knowing that it affects the sales rep! I was mislead by Vector and I am going through every step to put them out there. I hope they get shut down for abusing people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vector-Marketing-Company/Olean-New-York-Mills-New-York-14760/Vector-Marketing-Company-Cutco-Knives-Big-scam-Big-Fraud-Olean-New-York-Mills-New-Yor-991587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vector Marketing Company