Complaint Review: Vector Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, September 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: Chloe_P — Jessup Pennsylvania United States of America
Vector Marketing
2261 Scranton Carbondale Hwy Dickson City, Pennsylvania United States of America

Vector Marketing Mr. Matthew O'Donnell, Mr. Mark Savaglio. Cutco, Vector Marketing, Vector Marketing Scranton Pennsylvania Harassment in the Workplace, Scam, Sexist, Liar, Lies, Sham, Agressive Behavior, Negative Work Environment Dickson City, Pennsylvania

I was unfortunate enough to be hired as a receptionist at Vector Marketing. This was at their Scranton/Dickson City Pennsylvania location. We all know that Vector/Cutco is a huge scam, but I figured that since I was just taken on as a receptionist and not as a sales rep that I was in the clear. Well I was clear of Vector's scam, but I was not clear of harassment in the workplace and sexist behavior of "assistant manager" aka fellow receptionist Mr. Matthew O'Donnell. Mr. O'Donnell had a sharp tongue and a fiery temper with me.

Mr. O'Donnell went through my personal notebook and other paperwork without my permission on two separate occasions within the 7 days that I worked for this ridiculous company. Mr. O'Donnell gave me misinformation by telling me a certain way of doing things and making me take notes then later going against his own handwritten notes and tips by telling me personally and our manager that I was doing my job incorrectly. [continued below]....
..... When applicants call back to speak with me he does not pass the phone calls on to me and schedules them himself to improve his own statistics.

Mr. O'Donnell lied to our manager, Mr. Mark Savaglio about things that I said on the phone to applicants that I never said. He wrote an extensive list that he turned in to the manager, Mark Savaglio, about what I do and say wrong and the list was mostly falsified. Today I had to ask Mr. Matthew O'Donnell to calm down and change his tone speaking to me at least 6 different times before I had to exit the room and report his behavior toward me to Mark. Of course, Matt denied his disgusting behavior in front of Mark even though his red face of embarrassment was UNDENIABLE.

Mr. Savaglio sided with Matthew O'Donnell and told me that I could leave immediately and didn't have to finish my shift. While I was packing up my things at my desk to leave Mr. Savaglio entered the office and wanted to shake my hand. I denied his advance he then aggressively followed me to the door and put out his hand again and said "You aren't going to shake my hand?" and I politely said "No, I have no respect for someone who believes a liar" He began walking swiftly at me then as I was already heading toward the exit. Mr. Savaglio is a very large man and I am a very petite girl, I am barely 100 pounds..

I was feeling a bit afraid. He then raised his voice and said "I AM CALLING THE COPS IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE THE BUILDING!!" After he clearly saw that I was trying to exit the building. I said that was not a problem I just wanted to know when I could come in to receive my paycheck. He told me it would be mailed to me. Also, for an 8 hour shift in the state of Pennsylvania all employees are entitled to (1) 15 minute morning break, (1) 15 minute evening break, and (1) half hour lunch break. If it is not split into separate breaks, all PA STATE EMPLOYEES are then entitled to a FULL 1 HOUR LUNCH. Vector Marketing broke state laws by only providing their employees with a 30 minute lunch break that Mr. O'Donnell did not let me enjoy in peace. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vector-Marketing/Dickson-City-Pennsylvania-18508/Vector-Marketing-Mr-Matthew-ODonnell-Mr-Mark-Savaglio-Cutco-Vector-Marketing-Vector-936398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vector Marketing