Complaint Review: Vector Marketing

1116 E. State St. Internet, New York United States of America

Vector Marketing lies Internet, New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: VECTOR LIED & IS BEING SUED

*UPDATE Employee: Vector is not a scam

I wasn't exactly ripped off by these people, but I came close enough to file a report. I'm a student looking for a job and I was eager to be handed a flyer that promised part-time work for students.

Upon calling I was urged to go to one of their interviews. I was busy nearly everyday this week and haven't gone to a single one. I think luck may have been on my side because I was told by a friend about Vector.

Apparently these interviews are just a waste of time used to make you feel like you went through something to get the job. Then you go through training which is unpaid and extensive. Not to mention when I asked if we are paid hourly they replied that is was a comission job that paid you a guaranteed 14.50 a week which isn't enough to support anybody.

I filed this report hopefully to prevent people from trying to get a job with Vector. Out of all the job applications I've have to fill out and all the jobs I looked at, this is the one that sticks out as a complete rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vector-Marketing/Internet-New-York-/Vector-Marketing-lies-Internet-New-York-570705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vector Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

VECTOR LIED & IS BEING SUED

AUTHOR: cnelson007 - (United States of America)

Well I worked for Vector & was promised I would be paid for training and that I would be getting a tax paper around tax time. Neither of those things happened & one of my paychecks was short by almost $100 when I asked why all I got from my manager was "I don't know". They are in the process of being sued for making false claims and failure to pay. So it works for some but not for others, but they have been sued and lost during other lawsuits in which they admitted to false advertising and false recruting!

Vector is not a scam

AUTHOR: Hoffnung - (United States of America)

I currently work with Vector Marketing and it is no where near a scam. Yes it is incredibly hard to get appointments set up and because of how hard it is I am looking for a regular hourly job.

I sell quite a bit of Cutco products at times and get paychecks around $150. If you're looking to make $10,000 a week then your just acting crazy. I have actually met people that have made that much working at Vector but 99% of people are not going to be that lucky.

You do NOT get a guaranteed $14.50 a week, it's per appointment that you go to or commission, which ever is highest for the week. I will say one thing, NEVER expect the base pay. I have been working with Vector for a couple of months and I have never received it and have never met anyone that has. But if you can get appointments lined up you'll make a killing with this job. I'm not quitting it at all, I'm just going to try to find a job with a set schedule to guarantee me a paycheck. That's what I recommend.