Complaint Review: Vehicle Acceptance Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, August 09, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 12, 2011

• Reported By: Mark — Springfield Ohio United States of America
Vehicle Acceptance Corp.
4144 N Central Expressway Dallas, Texas United States of America

Vehicle Acceptance Corp. VAC, Independence, Ohio ; VAC Dallas, Texas Bait and Switch, fraudulent credit reporting, placed payments on someone else's account, excessive late fees as a result, mail fraud Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Time to trash the car

*Consumer Comment: Follow Through

*Consumer Comment: If All Of This Is True...

*Consumer Comment: Awful

*Author of original report: Response to Automated Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please call VAC directly to discuss the specifics of this matter

I originally bought my car from a small buy here lot called E Z Pay Auto Sales 625 E Main Street Springfield, Ohio. Less than a month later, they informed me that my car note had been sold to this company of crooks. I dealt with both the Independence, Ohio and Dallas, Texas office of Vehicle Acceptance Corp.
            I started getting concerned because I was receiving late payment notices. My payments had been made up to two weeks early. I sent in my receipts. They had applied my payment to someone else's car payment. This continued to happen several times over the first two years of my car loan. One time they "accidently" threw my payment in the trash. They reported me late on my credit report for over twenty months. I threatened to sue them and they laughed. I reported them to the Ohio Atty. General and they lied about what they had done. THey violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act many times.
            They have damaged my credit for the past two years. I have stopped paying them altogether as a result of their lies and their fraudulent activities. Even though I only owe $3300 on the car, they now say that I owe $4414. This is a rip-off company that will lie, cheat, and steal from you any way that they can. THey charged off the account on their taxes but still refuse to deal honestly with me or give me clear title to the car which I still have possession of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2011 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vehicle-Acceptance-Corp/Dallas-Texas-75204/Vehicle-Acceptance-Corp-VAC-Independence-Ohio-VAC-Dallas-Texas-Bait-and-Switch-fra-763122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vehicle Acceptance Corp.

Time to trash the car

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

or better yet, part it out to your friends, or use ebay or craigslist.

SCUMBAGS!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Did you follow through with suing for the FCRA violations?  My guess is you did not.  This is the reason they laughed at you when you told them you were going to sue for FCRA violations.  Because they knew the chances of you actually doing that was small.

You could sue them in Small Claims without any lawyers and if you have proof it would be a pretty easy win.  The time to do this is when you were still paying on the loan.  The problem is that you are now delinquent in your loan because you INTENTIONALLY stopped paying(not smart).  So any suit would probably turn into a "this for that".  If you sue them for "this" the FCRA violations they will turn around and sue you for "that" the Delinquent Loan.  With proof you may win your case but they will just offset that from the judgement put against you when they win their case as well.

When you became delinquent they assessed additional Interest and late fees and it is possible that your balance has increased to $4414.

If All Of This Is True...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

None of what has happened is justification to stop your payments which was indeed kind of stupid. They have the recourse to repo the car. If this guy who responded here is really employed by them then why not contact him and work these problems out. Unless of course you have either made this up or are just using this situation as an excuse to walk out on your obligations.

Awful

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Real SCUMBAGS!

Response to Automated Rebuttal

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

As you can see they even lie in their automated rebuttals. They offer no defense. They obviously don't care for the car dealer or the customer. They only say that they won't discuss the matter online. Why not? Are they afraid that the truth will come out and that people will see just how crooked of a company that they are. They even lied to the Office of Consumer Affairs for the Attorney General of Ohio. You can't trust this company. This company violates the Fair Credit Reporting act at will. They have violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act in regards to my auto loan since they took over the financing after I purchased the car. Do yourself a favor, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH LIARS AND CHEATS like Vehicle Acceptance Corp. of Dallas, Texas !

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please call VAC directly to discuss the specifics of this matter

AUTHOR: Vp public relations - (U.S.A.)

To whom it may concern:

Vehicle Acceptance Corporation does not respond to anonymous allegations of any nature online as a matter of company policy. Clearly any reasonable reader understands there are two sides to every story.

As a leader in our industry, having been in business for over 22 years, we treat every person with respect and dignity, and follow the letter of the law- especially the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

If this report concerns you in any manner, please do not hesitate to contact VAC. You can contact us at PR@VACorp.com.

Regards,