Complaint Review: Vehicle History Utah

• Reported By: Christi — Layton Utah United States of America
Vehicle History Utah

Vehicle History Utah  VIN Search, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Service

I wanted to check out the VIN number of a used vehicle I found on my local classifieds.  I performed a "google" search and one of the sites found was for www.VehicleHistoryUtah.com.  The search result stated:  Check Any VIN - It's Free | VehicleHistoryUtah.com When I entered the site, a block appeared to enter the VIN, which I did.  The bottom of the screen stated:

Vehicle History vs. Carfax
How do we beat Carfax
Full Vehicle History$1.00 CarFax $35.00
Check Any Vin Free
Basic Vehicle History Free

And Much More...

Once I entered the VIN number, the system searched for different items and all said "ok".  The next screen stated:

Your Report Has Been Downloaded.We are Offering Your Report for a $1.00 National Vehicle Database Fee. Please Continue Now to Ensure You Get Your Report.

I clicked on "Show me my report" and got the next screen:

ItemPriceSpecial Discount: 1 Vehicle History ReportReport includes when available:- Historical Title- Rust Reports- Flood Damage- Remaining Warranty- Total Loss- Service Reports- Salvage History- Accident Reports- Airbags Deployed- and much more!$1.00Select Payment MethodTotal: $1.00

I entered my payment method and then the site informed me that my VIN number was either invalid or no history was available.  My account was immediately charted $19.95!

Upon further review, I discovered that my account will be charted $19.95 for 10 months for a total of $199.95! I will be calling tomorrow to cancel!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 03:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vehicle-History-Utah/internet/Vehicle-History-Utahnbsp-VIN-Search-Internet-970024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vehicle History Utah

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Service

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Christi,

I am sorry for an inconvenience. If you would like a full refund of the amount or have any questions please email josh@myinfobill.com. I can refund the amount immediately once I get your account information. Again, please just sending me a quick email.

Josh F.