surrender

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, April 28, 2007

• Reported By:Warren Michigan
Velocity Express
2600 Southwest Freeeway Suite 300 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Velocity Express Velocity Express Scams Indepenent Delivery Drivers on Pay Houston Texas

I first applied as a driver for Velocity Express in January of '07. After almost 3 months of assurances of work I was finally hired March 26th. The first thing I learned that day is that I was one of the people that were replacing the Omnicare Deivery Drivers that were let go because we could do the the job more cheaply....if I would have known this I would have not considered this position.

This information was not given to us from VE (Velocity Express). I felt like a scab. Hell, I needed a job, but not at someone's else expense. Well, I had a route of nursing homes that I had to deliver Med's to. I soon found out that my car, a Chrysler Sebring, was not the ideal vehical for the job...it was just too small for what I needed to haul and take back to the home office so I decided just to do STATS which are medications that nedd to be deliverd ASAP.

My first paycheck was OK.....I had no problem with it. My second check had an unexplained deduction of $110 dollars besides the $80 insurance deduction that I understood. The $110 was never explained to me except that it had to do with some kind of correction. The real blow came today when I received my check for my third week. I only worked 2 days, but for those 2 days I spent $40 in gas money to make the deliveries.....and I was not expecting to much in pay...maybe $120...maybe even $100... well, I got my check and after all their deductions and corrections I received a check in the grand total of $10.75 Yeah...that's correct $10.75....for 2 days...close to 12 hours of work. That's 89 cents an hour. I might as well live in a sewer pipe in Banglesh. These people are the 21st century carpetbaggers...they know our economy is depressed, so they take advantage of it to screw people. If you quit Velocity Express without giving them 2 weeks notice when you realize your being screwed...they will not give you your 2 weeks pay that they held back in the beginnng of your employment.

Stay away from these assholes...I have only been here for 4 weeks, but every payday is like armegedon... everybody is pissed that they're getting screwed. You're better off collecting bottles and cans for deposit money. That's the truth. I'm giving my notice tomorrow. Don't be a dumb ass like me ..stay away from these crooks.

Mike
Warren, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2007 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Velocity-Express/Houston-Texas-77098/Velocity-Express-Velocity-Express-Scams-Indepenent-Delivery-Drivers-on-Pay-Houston-Texas-245953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Velocity Express