Complaint Review: Velocity Micro

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: mikecountry — Grandview Missouri United States of America
Velocity Micro
7510 Whitepine Road Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet is a buyers worst nightmare. Don't buy this crap Richmond, Virginia

I bought a Velocity Cruz Tablet back in July 2012. Radio Shack said that the extended warranty would be the same as the cost of the tablet and wouldn't make sense. I bought this tablet for my Autistic son to download helpful communication apps for him to use. Within the month it stopped charging and wouldn't turn on. I took it to the store and magically it started charging there when they tried (go figure). It worked for about a month after the warranty was up and stopped charging again and wouldn't turn on. Radio shack reminded me that the warranty was up and to contact Velocity Micro to use there one year warranty. I tried calling their customer service tech dept. and after holding for about 15min it told me to leave a message and a rep would call me back. I never heard from them and tried again with the same false promise. Then I opened a "service ticket" on their website. I didn't hear back and it said that the ticket was opened. I received an email saying that they need proof of purchase so I emailed them a pic of the receipt. They then closed the ticket with no reason and didn't hear from them. This warranty is a joke and the support is awful. This company just wants your initial money and doesn't care about you once they have it. This is a 200$ paper weight and I would rather eat lead paint than buy a Velocity Micro anything. I couldn't sleep at night if I ran a company like they do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Velocity-Micro/Richmond-Virginia-23237/Velocity-Micro-Cruz-Tablet-is-a-buyers-worst-nightmare-Dont-buy-this-crap-Richmond-Vir-992662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Velocity Micro