Complaint Review: Velocity Movers

• Reported By: Nathan — Austin Texas United States of America
Velocity Movers
191 Saint Nicholas Ave New York, New York United States of America

Velocity Movers HORRIBLE COMPANY New York, New York

Avoid this company. They lure first time customers with low-ball quotes and then abuse them.

Do not be fooled by the flurry of false positive reviews.  The company posts them.

They offered a low-ball quote and the initial contact person, "Stacey Williams" was quite nice. I also saw positive reviews on this site. Based on this I (foolishly) decided to use them for a long distance move (from Manhattan to Austin, TX).

First half of the move (the "move out" part) was fine.

However, when I called with my new address in Austin I was told "Stacey" didnt work there anymore, and I was given to "Oliver".

"Oliver" was horribly rude and refused to return my calls and emails. I provided a "move in" date, but was told the truck would arrive within three weeks of this date. This was consistent to language buried in the paperwork, but was directly counter to what "Stacey" told me in the initial quote.

All of my attempts to narrow down the date range and track the status of my goods were ignored and/or rudely handled.

The driver finally arrived in Austin with my things 10 days after the target move in date.
The driver claimed he would arrive at 4pm, but arrived at 6pm... an hour after my building wanted the move completed. The driver arrived with a giant 18-wheeler (that took an hour to park) and was ALONE to handle the move by himself. Obviously I became part of the move-in crew.

Horrible, rude, cut-rate, fly-by-night operation. They lure first time customers with low-ball quotes and then abuse them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2011 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Velocity-Movers/New-York-New-York-10026/Velocity-Movers-HORRIBLE-COMPANY-New-York-New-York-770201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Velocity Movers