Complaint Review: Vemma

• Updated: Sun, June 02, 2013

• Reported By: Georgianna — South Dennis Massachusetts
Vemma
Internet USA

Vemma Took over $300 from me BEFORE letting me know exactly what kind of doe I'd need to make any decent money. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Research before diving in a pool of sharks

First I'll say that the Vemma products are great. I have no problem there. The problem lies in the negligent method of recruitment of people who want to sell Vemma products.

Whenever someone is considering investing in a business, they shouldn't spend one dime before getting a realistic idea of exactly what kind of financial outlay will be involved to make success likely. Vemma takes well over $300 off someone before that person is told anything like that. AFTER Vemma gets that money, you're finally informed that in order to position yourself to do well in this biz, you must spend another $600 to $2000, and soon. Then, while you're still in the training program, you're informed that in order to maximize your chances of success, you will need to spend yet ANOTHER $1300 to $6500. This is fine for someone who has several thousand dollars laying around just for investment in a business, but it's a terrible surprise for someone who does not. Meanwhile, all recruits, rich or poor, have committed to a monthly cost of almost $300, just to remain sellers. Once again, this may be fine for someone with all kinds of money to invest, but it's a lose-lose situation for someone who does not. The have-not is stuck with a monthly bill of nearly $300, all told, and this is after the initial $300+ spent just to have gotten started. Without thousands of dollars to spend on the maximizing of sales, this person shelling out $300 a month just to stay in the game is at the least advantageous position to sell anything.

I think that it should be clearly stated in the disclaimer that having several thousand dollars to invest in this business, right out the gate, is highly recommended. I think it should be wordrd that clearly. Anything less than words like that is negligent.

And another thing. Most of the great online "selling tools" I was paying for did not work. The email auto-sendouts to my pre-enrollees did not work. The domain name I bought never pointed where it was supposed to, not even after I triple-checked to make sure I set it up right. And the Vemma smart phone app never worked on  my smart phone, either. I repeatedly sought help for all this, and got none. That was quite a deal-breaker for me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vemma/internet/Vemma-Took-over-300-from-me-BEFORE-letting-me-know-exactly-what-kind-of-doe-Id-need-to-1055714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vemma

Research before diving in a pool of sharks

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I am sorry to hear that you fell to this company for $300.

I had a friend out here were I live try to introduce me to this company just the other day, I did a little research on the web (YouTube, Ripoff Report) and found that this is not a company to invest in and try to become a IBO (independant business owner) with. There are other legitimate companies out there that do the samething with less to invest with and a bigger payout in less time.