Complaint Review: Venator Inc

• Updated: Fri, January 10, 2014

• Reported By: Reality — Brooklyn Ohio
Venator Inc
18051 Jefferson Park Road Middleburg Heights , Ohio USA

Venator Inc BEWARE!!!! NO PAID TRAINING!!! NOT PAID ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!! TEAM LEAD DOESN'T HAVE TIME FOR YOU SENT TO VOICE MAIL!! Middleburg Heights Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To clear things up

BEWARE!!! You must shadow a full day before getting hired. First 5 days of training you help get accounts, but NO paid training or money for travel. You DO NOT get paid for first week of work at all!!

Team lead/trainer took me to businesses to sign up accounts. When I was on my own I called her for info and was told she did not have time for this and to call another rep which I did. I was directed to call her back and when I did she said she was too busy to call someone else. I was told to call her back and was sent to voice mail the rest of the day. GREAT team work!!!NOT! I signed up an account and was told (after I quit and did not get paid for account) that it was rejected because of missing paperwork. I had an area that was a 70 mile round trip from office to area and back. BEWARE I say, if you don't have money for gas and money to hold you over for the first 3 weeks until you get paid anything, this is not the place to work for you.

Learned from being burned!!

BEWARE of Venator INC in Middleburg Heights, Ohio.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2014 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Venator-Inc/Middleburg-Heights-Ohio-44130/Venator-Inc-BEWARE-NO-PAID-TRAINING-NOT-PAID-ON-ALL-ACCOUNTS-TEAM-LEAD-DOESNT-1114562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Venator Inc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To clear things up

AUTHOR: Ven123 - ()

First, we would like to say we are sorry for any miscommunication that this individual had in any of the pay structures. Every employee is given and walked through paperwork both verbally and written explaining this and all company information upon hiring. “BEWARE!!! You must shadow a full day before getting hired” –Absolutely. At Venator, since we don’t require any kind of sales experience because it is an entry-level business to business sales position, we want all candidates to have a clear picture of what the daily responsibilities of this position include before accepting the position. “First 5 days of training you help get accounts, but NO paid training or money for travel.” - Upon hiring or even during the initial screening, we are very clear that there are two pay structures available.

We have a base salary plus commission option as well as a commission only option. We leave to the individual to choose which structure they would like upon hire, and can switch at any time. If the individual chooses the commission only option, they will receive paid training. If they choose base plus commission, they will not. This is also the reason the individual signs the consent form and pay schedule that clearly states this. We do travel to different businesses. Business travel expenses that are not reimbursed by employers for travel and work are a taxable deduction for individuals. “I was directed to call her (the trainer) back and when I did she said she was too busy to call someone else.”

–We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused the individual. We understand that our trainers are very busy during the day which is why we are available here at the office from 8am-5:30pm as well as we can easily be reached on the presidents cell phone, which he gives to all employees. “I signed up an account and was told (after I quit and did not get paid for account) that it was rejected because of missing paperwork.” –Unfortunately like most businesses we cannot process any payments for customers signed up if no paper work was submitted. The individual is more than welcome to turn in the missing paperwork for it to be possible for our client to process payment. If the agent does not understand this, or has any questions we always keep detailed track of new customers signed up, and our clients would be more than happy to provide proof. “I had an area that was a 70 mile round trip from office to area and back.”

–All of our reps have the option to request any open territory they would like. However if they have not placed a request, they will be assigned the freshest, and most available territory. We would like to say in closing that we are very clear about this position. Whether or not the individual pays attention to the information provided is up to them. We communicate both verbally and in written form all details involving the position, pay and travel. We are sorry if the individual had a negative experience with our company, and we are happy to handle any inquires regarding pay even after termination either directly or over the phone. We are always happy to speak with those agents that approach us with and questions, comments or concerns.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC