Complaint Review: Venessa Robert, Ron Clark

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2008

• Reported By:Orangeburg South Carolina
Venessa Robert, Ron Clark
1550 Bedford Hwy, Suite 410 Nationwide U.S.A.

Venessa Robert, Ron Clark ,Vice President Finance Standard Trust Financial I received a FINAL NOTICE OF AN UNCLAIMED WINNING Nova Scotia Nationwide

I came home from work today and as I was going through the mail, I noticed a letter for me with no return address.

I immediately opened it and noticed what looked like an authentic check in the amount of $3900.00. The check was from a company called Hydologic Inc and is located in Plymouth, Minnesota. The attached letter began by stating, "This is to find out why you have not claimed your winnings. Your ticket number 217788954 drew the lucky numbers in the second category of the Lotto 649 Contest held September 29, 2008." The letter goes on the say that I was entitled to a lump sume of $250,000.00 once my government taxes had been paid. My taxable amount ($2985) was to be though Money Gram (which is located in every Walmart Store around me).

Furthermore, the enclosed check had actually been deducted from my winnings and if I wanted the rest of my money, I would need to use some of the money from the check to pay for the taxes on my lump sum winning.

It just so happens that I was on the phone with my husband at the time and decided to read the letter out loud to him. He immediately said it sounded like a scam to him and urged me to go on the Internet to conduct some research of my own. (He also reminded me that I don't play the lottery).

Sure enough, it was! Even though the address on the check was correct, I never found an "Alliance Bank." I also called the number listed in the letter and a guy with a heavy accent answered the phone. He didn't sound professional at all. When I asked for Ron, he said "Ron" was not around and that I would need to call back tomorrow morning after 9. Then he quickly hung up the phone.

I immediately googled the name "Venessa Robert" and came across this website. I am so thankful that I did!

I work in the school system and we have a resource officer who works on campus. I will be sharing this information with him tomorrow and warning all of my friends!

Smr
Orangeburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Venessa-Robert-Ron-Clark/nationwide/Venessa-Robert-Ron-Clark-Vice-President-Finance-Standard-Trust-Financial-I-received-a-FI-397539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Venessa Robert, Ron Clark