Complaint Review: Venice Fitness

• Reported By: 416416 — Toronto Ontario Canada
Venice Fitness
393 King St W Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Venice Fitness Fraudulent Unauthorized Credit Card Charges Toronto, Ontario

July 2012 I bought a voucher through a deal site for a 3 month membership to Venice Fitness for $29. Upon going to the gym, I was brought in to an office to get my membership card (which they told me they were unable to make that day, and to come back next week to have my photo taken for) and to pay a $10 key deposit. The deposit was not mentioned when I purchased the voucher, but I agreed to pay.

They then told me they required a credit card to be held on file in case of damages, but assured me multiple times that it would not be charged after my 3 month membership ended.

Since my membership ended in September, I have been charged monthly to my credit card by this company without my authorization. I have called to try to cancel, and they said I must do so in person. I came in person to cancel, and they submit a cancellation request form that is "subject to office approval" and told me to call their account manager Raina.

I have been trying to contact Raina everyday for a week now, with no avail. She is always out of the office, on the other line, or busy. Despite promises that she will call me back, I have heard nothing from them.

They will not cancel my account (that wasn't supposed to extend past my 3 months) and they will not stop charging my company. If you search Venice Fitness on Google, many reports from others also show similar situations. I will continue attempting to contact them to cancel my account, and rightfully get a refund. I have sent an official letter of cancellation to them via certified mail and have sent a copy to Visa as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Venice-Fitness/Toronto-Ontario-/Venice-Fitness-Fraudulent-Unauthorized-Credit-Card-Charges-Toronto-Ontario-1023692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Venice Fitness