Complaint Review: Ventura IT - Hostbandit.com

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped Off Customer — Los Angeles California United States of America
Ventura IT - Hostbandit.com
701 E. Santa Clara St. Internet United States of America

Ventura IT - Hostbandit.com Hostbandit Web Hosting, Ventura IT, Hostbandit.com, venturait.com This horrible amateur company will take your trust and your website, then shut it off without notice or ANY REASON, then not reply to ANY Phone Calls or Emaills. Ventura, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Most Unprofessional Company I Dealt with

This company has been hosting several of my domains for 3 years now. I haven't had too many problems other than slow and grumpy service when I've needed something. It was cheap and I didn't really need much from them so I have let that go.

In December, out of nowhere, this company suspended one of my domains. The others still work. I have no idea why they suspended this one website, I received NO notice from them that it was going to happen, NO notification that they even did this, and only realized it when I went to my site. I have a simple static site, nothing unusual whatsoever, not streaming videos or spam or whatever that would warrant suspension. Its literally a little wordpress site that had my resume and a couple links to normal youtube videos.

My FTP access for this one domain was shut off, and my ability to log into the control panel. So not only is this company denying me the service I paid them for (hosting), but they are now holding my data hostage.

I have left 4 emails to their various addresses over the past MONTH. I have left 3 voicemails over the past couple weeks. I even filled out their stupid web form on their website venturait.com. THEY WILL NOT RESPOND.

From my experiences with them, I get the sense this is probably a one-man operation, and maybe this guy left the country. I have no idea, all I know is I'm not the only one they have done this to, and they are no longer responding to ANY SUPPORT REQUESTS WHATSOEVER.

Obviously I screwed up doing business with these "Host Bandits" and should have known better.

If anyone reading this has ANY idea what happened to this company or how to reach them, please help me out. Its just not fair that businesses can treat their customers this way.

I would not recommend under ANY circumstances to do business with VenturaIT or Hostbandit.com unless this sounds like type of business you want to partner with for your website needs.

Such a nightmare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ventura-IT-Hostbanditcom/internet/Ventura-IT-Hostbanditcom-Hostbandit-Web-Hosting-Ventura-IT-Hostbanditcom-venturait-1002272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ventura IT - Hostbandit.com

Most Unprofessional Company I Dealt with

AUTHOR: Puneet - (New Zealand)

The above consumer is absolutely right. I got the same experience as him. Even my website was shut down without any notice and they stole all the data.

I tried sending them several emails but they are just not replying. I told them i am not even interested in your hosting, i just need my data back since its 3 years of my hard work. If there had been a problem they could have always checked with me once before shutting everything off.

Multiple emails and phone calls have been made to hostbandit and ventura it but they always are on VM. and Never reply to emails.

The surprising fact is that they are still taking new orders.  I asked one of my friends to create a new account with them with a new domain to check if they reply to those emails. Surprisingly, the new account was made within a few hours and the emails are being replied as well. As soon as i asked them about my website, they just shut off that account as well.

I am still in the process of lodging a formal complaint against them with International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network http://www.icpen.org/, or the US Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov). That's what i have been guided by the Complaints Registrar.  I will make sure that no other consumer gets affected by their unprofessional attitude.

They are just a bunch of THIEVES and would make sure they get behind bars.