Complaint Review: Venus Design(s)

• Submitted: Fri, February 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Denver Colorado United States of America
Venus Design(s)
3657 Pecos St. or 4800 Jason St. Internet United States of America

Venus Design(s) Its Better On Michael "Gene" Padilla is a complete fraud. His quality of work is sub-standard and he does not follow-through on any of his promises. He will take your money and run! He left my job site half-finis Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Customer Is Not Always Right

Michael "Gene" Padilla was hired to do some remodel work in my home, including granite, tile and cabinets.  He did not complete the job, took the money and ran!  The materials that were installed were poor quality, not what I had picked out, and the other items were never delivered, let alone installed.  I lost thousands of dollars to him!  He tried to get his family members invovled in the process, trying to sell me their services.  His business consists of bartering and trading.  He is not a legitimate business man.  In fact, he does not even do the fabrication and installation.  The majority of his advertising is on Craigslist, where he changes his name, phone number and name of the business to run from those who he has scammed!  He has done this to many, many people.  Wholesale outlets will only business with him on a cash basis, because they do not even trust him.  There are great people out there, licensed professionals who have earned their reputation.. this man is no good!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Venus-Designs/internet/Venus-Designs-Its-Better-On-Michael-Gene-Padilla-is-a-complete-fraud-His-quality-of-w-837227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Venus Design(s)

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Customer Is Not Always Right

AUTHOR: mpadilla - (United States of America)

I met this customer at her house so I could give her a quote on the granite work that she was looking to have done.  While I was there she mentioned to me that she also wanted to get some tile work done as well, so I offered her a quote on that.  I then asked where her cabinets were, and she informed me that she hadn't ordered them yet.  I told her that I would also be able to provide the new cabinets that she was looking for and it would save her $1000.00.  She agreed to all of this and signed a contract with me for all the work.  As we got started doing the work I noticed that the tile on the walls in her shower was falling off and I mentioned this to her.  She asked what it would cost to fix that and I gave her a quote.  She agreed to the quote for the shower walls and asked us to get started on that as well.  I told her that wouldn't be a problem but that I needed her to sign the amended contract for the new work.  Everytime I would try and meet with the customer she wouldn't show up to sign the new contract.  I tried several times to meet with her without success.  It got to the point that the customer would only text me and would never return any of my phone calls.  Finally one day the customer text me that she wasn't going to finish paying for the job and demanded that we stop work immediately.  She also told me that she would take me to court and sue me for all her money back even thought more than half the job was done.  After several appointments in court the judge ruled in my favor ordering me only to pay her back the money spent on granite instead of the ridiculous sum that she was requesting.  I feel that this customer bit off more than she could chew financially and instead of fessing up to her mistake she tried to drag my name through the mud and courts.