Complaint Review: Verdant Pasture Rescue

Verdant Pasture Rescue
29706 Finch Court Mechanicsville, Maryland United States of America

Verdant Pasture Rescue phonies, fakes and frauds. Mechanicsville, Maryland

*General Comment: wow

I donated monies to Verdant Pasture Rescue/Jennifer Hurry in Mechanicsville Md to save some horses from going to slaughter. She told me she was a legit horse rescue with a 501  C 3 status and she said she had all the paperwork to prove it.   The horses were located at New Holland  Pa,  A family of three. Mamma and two babies.  I sent a check and the horses were bailed by her with help of donations by me and other good hearted folks. Jennifer sent me updates on the horses, pics for the first few months and on her FB page.   I was starting to notice the horses were never in barn or blanketed. They were in a tiny round pen in the Winter without shelter. I started to get concerned as the pictures were starting to get outdated looking, so I was suspicious of what kind of care they were getting or if any at all.  Subsequently, I found out  from an individual she was not in fact a 501 c3 charity or a non-profit registered in MD as she stated. I was mad, she lied to me and even cashed my check knowing it was fraud to do so. Since it was an interstate check I had to contact my attorney. She was fraudulently portraying herself to be a legit horse rescue and the State of NJ and the State of Md did not have her registered to solicit funds of any kind. Further more, when I tried to contact her concerning the welfare of the  horses via FB I had been blocked by her.  When I finally did contact her through a FB thread she nastily indicated to me if I wanted a picture of the horses to send her a self addressed stamped envelope. (Nice way to treat a  person that donated money to her) That is the only way I could see updates on them....so be it. Beware of this person and do  your research on Verdant Pasture Rescue, Mechanicsville, MD, I learned my lesson will only donate to legit 501 c3 organizations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2012 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verdant-Pasture-Rescue/Mechanicsville-Maryland-20659/Verdant-Pasture-Rescue-phonies-fakes-and-frauds-Mechanicsville-Maryland-989053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verdant Pasture Rescue

#1 General Comment

wow

AUTHOR: cj - (United States of America)

I am not from maryland, nor do i know of the rescue.  But, i have to say the woman that wrote this sounds like a royal pita!  horses do not need blankets.  It is totally a personal preference.  It sounds to me like the woman that wrote the report doesn't own horses.  I agree it was wrong for the person to claim being a 5013c and for horses not to have shelter.  Bust he saved them.   That was the bottom line.  Is she supposed to send pics for the next 20 years?

I have saved numerous horses, out of my own funds, but it's all hard work and that is why i specifically don't ask for donations, like i have time to sit around and write letters, take pics, develop them , put them in an envelope...  when in reality there are horses to feed, grain stores to visit, hay to pick up, farrier appointments, working horses, working your own job to feed the horses ect.

I notice the complainant didn't mention the size of her donation.   I hope she isn't putting the rescuer through all this agravation for a mere 50 bucks.  Maybe next time she gives a donation to any organization she should say, i'm going to want pictures every 2 months and i'm a city gal that knows nothing about horses and has nothing better to do with my time.

sorry, i guess i'm playing devils advocate, but there are so many people that lie about being a rescue, and then drive the horse to the killers, that one who lied to get them from the killers isn't bad in my eyes.  i would guess she was desperate to get them out of there.  so buck up baby, go volunteer at a horse facility, take a few courses, (then you would know horses are most comfortable at 35 degrees) and then decide if sending a dated photograph was worthy of tarnishing someone's reputation.  jmho