Complaint Review: Verio/NTT Communications

Verio/NTT Communications
Internet Japan

Verio/NTT Communications Ruined my Business Internet

*Consumer Comment: Denial of Support by NTT Verio Europe

I had a product sales business.  The online store was hosted by Verio.

The bulk of my business takes place between the end of November and Christmas.  At the beginning of December I was surprised to see that no orders had come through and additionally, no email communications.  I contacted Verio but they said all was working.

Towards mid December I checked on my PayPal account and saw that a lot of money had come through. However, nothing was registered or posted by Verio. By this time, I had a big problem on my hands.  According to Paypal, customers had in fact been ordering....with a guarantee that products would be received w/in the U.S. in 2-3 days priority mail.  I hadn't in fact fulfilled any of these Christmas orders, some of which were for company Christmas parties which had now come and gone.  I contacted the angry customers...many of whom canceled the orders.

I contacted Verio and informed them that they had created a huge problem for me and that in fact their web hosting had been malfunctioning for months and that I would not pay for those non working months.  Rather than make the proper adjustment, what they did in response, either with malice, or because one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, is they took down my website....right at the peak of the Christmas season....costing me that much more in sales and bad customer relations.

I tried contacting Verio.  At the time, this was virtually impossible.  They just took emails none of which were responded to.  Desperate to find a live human, with a working mind, I found someone on linked in who tried to help me.  However, no resolution came of it.  The legal department was supposed to contact me to resolve the situation appropriately, however, all I have received since are emails telling me my claim has been resolved....which it hasn't.  They offer a link to dispute the fact that it has been resolved, but the link, in true Verio fashion, is not working.  And the email that was sent to me is a "Do not reply" one, predictably enough.

I have called Verio since to speak to the office of the president or the legal department, but the people who answer apparently have no idea how to reach either.  They can provide no appropriate phone number. They just say that Verio is an NTT Communications company run from Japan.

My experience with the company has been AWFUL....both technically and in terms of customer service. They seem to use technical communication flaws as a way to evade any honest interaction with their customers.  Very dishonorable. If they have any good faith to resolve the situation, I invite them to contact me.  However, I am doubtful this will ever happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VerioNTT-Communications/internet/VerioNTT-Communications-Ruined-my-Business-Internet-1065853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verio/NTT Communications

Denial of Support by NTT Verio Europe

AUTHOR: Tired User - ()

Not only that people working in the support center of this company have no clue, are unconcentrated and repeat questions that you have already answered several times precisely... they are simply not willing to solve your problem.

My problem was that the SMTP server didn't work when sending out business e-mails from a smartphone.

Neither a POP nor an IMAP account would function, bei it with or without SSL, with or without optional keyword.

Both acoounts with othr providers keep working easily, but not the one I had with Verio.

The woman on the phone said they wouldn't feel responsible for end devices!!!!

But of course sending an e-mail from your smartphone is a key feature which has to work and DOES work - even from

a FREE gmx account for example.

I gave them my complaint in writing. And to top it all off, I then received an e-mail saying that this would only work with their advanced hosting product which costs three times (!) as much as I had payed before. You got me right - for simply being able to send a business e-mail from your smartphone!

Of course I terminated the contract.

Apart from that I can only agree with what people have been writing about Verio here before - every now and then the server breaks down or mails don't come through - it's a disaster!