Complaint Review: Verison Wireless- Asurion Insurane

• Updated: Fri, October 28, 2011

• Reported By: Leslie — Durango Colorado United States of America
Verison Wireless- Asurion Insurane

Verison Wireless- Asurion Insurane Horrible Customer Service Internet, Internet

My Verizon iPhone 4 was lost on Sunday, 10/23/2011. I promptly reported my phone as lost/stolen with Verizon Wireless on Monday morning. After being on the phone with Verizon for approximately an hour, I was transferred to Asurion, who informed me that my insurance was dropped on August 26, 2011--THE DAY I BOUGHT MY IPHONE FROM VERIZON. After telling the "customer service representative" that I pay Asurion monthly, so there is no reason that I should have been dropped, she asks if my service is through AT&T?? NO! My service is through Verizon, where I was just transferred to you from. So, I was AGAIN transferred to ANOTHER "customer service representative" who could not help me because my name was not entered into their system correctly because Verizon had not entered my name correctly when I started my account.

So, now I am almost 2 hours in on the phone. I have to call Verizon to have them fix my name in their system and go through the ENTIRE above scenario again. Transferred to someone telling me that my "insurance is dropped, wait, let me transfer you to another agent, ok, now we need you to fill out a claim affidavit form" ????? THIS after Verizon tells me that all I have to do is fill out an online form and I will receive my new phone the next day.

Would anyone like to know what you have to do to fill out a claim affidavit form???

1. Fill out the form 2.Have the form NOTARIZED 3. Photocopy of government issued ID. 4. Proof of Purchase
5. Copy of most recent wireless bill.  4 days later I have no response from either Verizon or Asurion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2011 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verison-Wireless-Asurion-Insurane/internet/Verison-Wireless-Asurion-Insurane-Horrible-Customer-Service-Internet-Internet-793008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verison Wireless- Asurion Insurane