Complaint Review: Verizon

• Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: markw43 — Arizona
Verizon
140 West Street New York, New York USA

Verizon Verizon Will not Replace/Repair our Phone and have been making promises to do so for 10 days now! New York New York

*Author of original report: Not worth my time!

We purchased a phone from Verizon on 8-26-2013.  The phone started giving us trouble on 9-23-13 so we called Verizon to find out what the procedure for replacing the defective device would entail.  We were told to call Samsung, which we did and Samsung told us we should be talking to Verizon.  Called Verizon back and they recommended taking the device back to their corporate store for repair or replacement.  We made an appointment at the store and when we got there we were rudely told "you are a prepaid customer and we don't warranty prepaid phones in the store."

So now we are totally ticked off with Verizon!  Called customer service back and we were told to return to the store again and customer service would direct the store to honor our warranty.  We returned and the store still refused to warranty Verizon's defective device.  We made a few more calls to Verizon and the store but we still have a broken phone and Verizon could care less as long as they get there monthly draw on our checking account.  Terrible customer service!

Our history with Verizon:

I have been with Verizon for 20+ years and most of that time I was under contract.  I never failed to pay my bill and I never asked Verizon for anything that I wasn't entitled to per my contract.  Also keep in mind that in those 20+ years I think we only went over our monthly allotted minutes once.  Since Verizon likes to steal the minutes you have purchased (they don't roll over to the next month), they have made a small fortune off of us.  We average 100-200 minutes per month.  You would think we are the kind of customer Verizon would want to keep but I guess we were mistaken.  In our dealings with our local store and Verizon Wireless call center, we have found that Verizon truly treats their "prepaid customers" worse than their contract customers (and I didn't think that was possible..Lol).

To say I am disappointed with Verizon Wireless would be a huge understatement!  They are the schoolyard bully; they don't care how the actions of their employees hurt their customer base because they are the biggest and if they have to scrape a few of us off the bottom of their shoes...oh well.

My advice to all Verizon customers, dump your contract and go prepaid, when we are the majority instead of the minority maybe we will get treated fairly.  Verizon dumps on their contract customers too so you may want to consider a more reputable prepaid company, I wish I had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-/New-York-New-York-10007/Verizon-Verizon-Will-not-ReplaceRepair-our-Phone-and-have-been-making-promises-to-do-so-1088620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

Not worth my time!

AUTHOR: Consumer - ()

If your not bright enough to comprehend why I have  issues with Verizon that's your problem.  I have reset my profile to no longer be notified of rebuttals to this old report so don't waste your time responding....I will never see it or respond to it!

Thank you for taking the time to read my report.