Complaint Review: Verizon Bundle Phone - Direct TV - Dsl

• Updated: Mon, November 17, 2008

• Reported By:Ludlow Massachusetts
Verizon Bundle Phone - Direct TV - Dsl
www.verizon.com Internet U.S.A.

Verizon Bundle Phone - Direct TV - Dsl Obvious attempt to overprice an amount that is agreed per contract Worcester Internet

I was having serious issues with Charter Communications. Every time I'd make a payment, they would apply it to the tenants above or below me. Once they even applied it to my next door neighbor. I had been using the phone automated system to make payments and entering the proper information but still there were issues and though they were eventually resolved, it was too timely.

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for both my phone and internet use for over 10 years now. I've never swayed and have had only a few unfortunate issues over the years. So, despite the vast amount of warnings here, I decided to venture in to the all-inclusive bundle package for $99.99.

The Direct-TV tech was awesome. I have no complaints. He was professional and did an excellent job. The issue arose when I received my bill for $136.47. Now, that's only $36.48 more than what was agreed upon, but multiply it over the contract terms and we're looking at nearly $500.00. Besides, the money is not the point. Even with the $136.47, it's a better deal than the one I had when going through separate companies. The point is that there is an obvious ongoing pricing issue with Verizon that is not being cleared up.

I am giving them this single month pass. I've notified them via email with the details of the complaint. If it is not rectified, I will take matters into my own hands. I dislike purposeful incompetency, and if Verizon decides to take this road, I will NOT begin a class action lawsuit. Again, this isn't because of the money. That's not my style. I will however buy out my contract, pay any necessary fees, and then begin a crusade that will garner much attention. I will incorporate protests, rallies, petitions, local news channels, newspapers, websites (including my own), and enough negative publicity that it will get nationwide recognition. I will gather the names of the individuals that this has happened to and I will start enough ruckus that Verizon will change their mode of billing rather quickly.

I hope it doesn't come to this. I'd rather spend my days sipping iced tea, having fun with my friends, and watching the television that I'm paying for...but if I'm forced into a corner, I will start a legal attack on their company with the sole purpose of having them fix their billing practices completley.

Now....I've told you, what I have told them. Let's see if they do the right thing.

Melissa
Ludlow, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2008 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Bundle-Phone-Direct-TV-Dsl/internet/Verizon-Bundle-Phone-Direct-TV-Dsl-Obvious-attempt-to-overprice-an-amount-that-is-agre-392244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Bundle Phone - Direct TV - Dsl