Complaint Review: Verizon Communications - Afni Collections

• Updated: Wed, December 09, 2009

• Reported By: Paula N. — Kennewick Washington United States of America
Verizon Communications - Afni Collections
Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

Verizon Communications - Afni Collections Trying to collect debt without provide verification Bloomington, Illinois

In 2006, I switched from Verizon DSL to Charter Communications for my phone and internet service. I first called Verizon to cancel the service, then when a couple of months had passed, I wrote to them via their website's customer service address. I actually had a nice communication with their rep, who asked me when I canceled the internet and promised to make sure I was not charged further for services I had not used.

Unfortunately, this service rep's promises went unfulfilled. I started receiving collection notices from Verizon about the DSL service shortly afterward. I called and spoke to another representative, wrote letters, all to no avail. They claim to have no record of the correspondence with customer service, and claim that I never "properly" canceled my DSL and phone service. I asked they needed, they told me, and I provided that information.

Since then Verizon has shifted their collection attempts from AFNI to Enhanced Recovery Corp to Penn Credit and now back to AFNI again. I've written cease-and-desist letter to all these organizations and requested no further contact unless it is in writing and provides verification of the debt. So far, nobody has complied. That makes me think Verizon has fudged their records and is just trying to rip me off! I have told them repeatedly that I didn't have a problem paying the supposed debt as long as they can prove it is valid. No such proof has been provided.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Communications-Afni-Collections/Bloomington-Illinois-/Verizon-Communications-Afni-Collections-Trying-to-collect-debt-without-provide-verifica-536804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Communications - Afni Collections