Complaint Review: Verizon Communications

• Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By: Martha (Marti)Arostegui — Irving Texas United States of America
Verizon Communications
9999 w technology blvd Dallas, Texas United States of America

Verizon Communications Verizon Southwest harrassed for being sick and not meeting sales objectives.... Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: HUH????

*Consumer Comment: Being a born skeptic AND wanting to hear all sides of the story...

I started with verizon in 1997.   It was great working there the first 10 years and than it just got worse and worse.    I was diagnoised with migraine headaches back in 1988 and suffered from them since than.   I was on FMLA for that.   I was out alot due to my migraines and always followed up with my hours and my documentations for the attendance office.  I did my job,was there on time the days i was there,hardly ever tardy.  We changed supervisors constantly at verizon, all were great except for the one i had until i left.  Her name is Passion Simmons. This person was heartless,all she cared was about the money,what was in it for her,not to mention her affair she was having with another supervisor there.  The whole office knew,especially when she would disappear 1-2 hours at a time.  And not to mention she was a married woman and so was the other supervisor. She harrassed me to no end,especially when i was out sick and than the next day she would monitor me and see if i was offering,like i was suppose too. She stayed on me untill,it actually made me sick.  I thought i was going to have a nervous breakdown. I finally had to go out on short term disability for this,which was nov of 2009. I was put on medications,to cope with the stress i was having due to the harrassment of this supervisor.  I attended weekly  meetings at the psychiatrist office,to deal with my issues at work,and the stress she was putting me through. It was hell. I actually loved working at verizon,but their office procedures in reference to attendance was pathetic.  Alot of employess,including myself were constantly harrassed,if we weren't producing sales. I had enough.  I had heard through other employees,while i was out that verizon was trying to reduce the workforce and had offered 35 employees the chance to take a package in order to downsize the office. I  do remember recieving this information packet, and was going to decline it because i needed my job. Well,it wasn't until i was released from the doctor,for my stress and mental issues, that i was told,recieved call from an attendance clerk that if i come back i would be fired over not having enough fmla hours to cover the time i was out due to stress.  I  went back on a friday when i was released,dec 11th 2009,i signed in as usual,than i was called into the attendance office and was told that i no longer worked there and they took my badge. I was floored. They told me i did not have enough fmla hours to cover my incident about the nervous breakdown i almost had, and the days i was out. I could not believe that. I was not even given a chance to get paper work started for that incident that the company put me through. They gave me a package and i was out a job. Unbelievable. The people at verizon are the worst to work for especially when it comes to being sick,for any reason. Heartless. And as far as the union CWA...they did nothing to intervene,when i was called into the office on my last day of work there. I paid 42.00 every 2 weeks,they are the sorriest union i have ever dealt with.  I would love to get  my money back for all those years i worked there and not once did they ever represent in any case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2012 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Communications/Dallas-Texas-75234/Verizon-Communications-Verizon-Southwest-harrassed-for-being-sick-and-not-meeting-sales-ob-863220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Communications

HUH????

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I tried to read this report but the spelling and grammar made me dizzy! Help ROR friends!

Being a born skeptic AND wanting to hear all sides of the story...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I sent the link to this report to CWA and Verizon.

Hope you're telling the whole truth.