Complaint Review: Verizon Communications

• Updated: Tue, September 15, 2009

• Reported By: Mollyb — Martin City Montana USA
Verizon Communications
Highway 93 North Internet United States of America

Verizon Communications - verizon wireless Verizon does have a "dead" zone! Internet

* : What's the problem?

I am complaining about the wireless phone service we don't have.  We live in a fairly remote area, but the surrounding areas have wireless phone service.  I have complained to Verizon on the local level, and through Customer Services.  To get any service, we have to get into the car and go two and a half miles away from the house, so I think one could call this a "dead" zone.

All they (Verizon) will tell me is that "they are very sorry", but I still am paying a monthly fee, and will get charged $175 if I discontinue a two year contract.

I have gone on the cheapest plan they have and don't come anywhere near the 200 minutes they GIVE me a month.

What I want done is that they would let me switch to a "pay as I go" plan.  We like the fact that we have a phone with us when we travel.  We live 30 miles from Doctors, and most of the stores where we shop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2009 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Communications/internet/Verizon-Communications-verizon-wireless-Verizon-does-have-a-dead-zone-Internet-494731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Communications

#1

What's the problem?

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

When you got the phone they gave you 30 days to test it out, and return it with no termination fees if it didn't work out.  Apparently you are outside of that now?

Did it really take more than 30 days to discover it didn't work at your home?  This sounds like whining to me.  The fact you didn't cancel soon enough is not the fault of the carrier.  Take your responsibility for you own actions here and move on.