• Report: #119650

• Submitted: Wed, November 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 07, 2004

• Reported By:Culpeper Virginia
Verizon DSL
400 Brandywine Pky West Chester, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Verizon DSL Ripoff The Great Verizon DSL Scam West Chester Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Wonders never cease!

In August, we moved to Virginia. We set up our phone service, which is also through Verizon. I called in about adding a service to my phone and was offered the DSL for $29.95 with the first 30 days free. I told the rep that I would think about it. I called back in early September and ordered the service. I verified with the rep that I would receive the first 30 days free. I got my first bill and was billed for it! I emailed Verizon and got a response that the 30 days free was for those who signed up online. I emailed back and forth and finally decided to call. The rep told me that actually the 30 day free offer was only for people who signed up online.

I told the rep that I was considering cancelling the service because of the hassle I was having. Because of the confusion, she offered the next month free. She also said that it does come with a "30 day money back guarantee". I asked what date I had to cancel by in order to be within my 30 days and she said October 14th. On October 14th, I decided to switch to cable, mostly because of the poor customer service. I called in and the gentleman hassled me about wanting to cancel at all. I told him that I was unhappy with their customer service and was switching providers. He continued to hassle me saying that I was getting good service because I was offered the next month free. I told him to just cancel the service and send me the mailing label to send the modem back to them. The label came, as did my next bill.

I sent the modem back in but saw that I am still being billed for the first month. Today I called in about the bill and I think I got the same rep on the phone. He said that I was not within the 30 days and I have to pay the bill. He insisted that the 30 days was up October 13th, not 14th. I told him that I had verified the date with another rep previously. He said that "cut and dry, the 13th was the 30th day". I asked to speak to his supervisor. He came back on and told me that there wasn't one available and wanted my call back information. I told him that I have worked in a call center and know how it works and to just get someone for me to talk to. He said that there wasn't anyone but him to talk to. I told him that he could not resolve my issue, so I needed to talk to someone else. He refused and said that someone would call me back. I told him that I wanted a call back today. He said that he would put an urgency flag on it. I do not expect to get a call back.

Sharon
Culpeper, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2004 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-DSL/West-Chester-Pennsylvania-19380/Verizon-DSL-Ripoff-The-Great-Verizon-DSL-Scam-West-Chester-Pennsylvania-119650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon DSL

Wonders never cease!

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

I had no return call from a supervisor, so I called Verizon DSL again yesterday. I got a very nice and apologetic lady on the phone who issued my credit. She explained that it takes 2-3 billing cycles for the credit to show up and thoroughly explained the process.