Complaint Review: Verizon Diamond Wireless

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Gary — San Clemente, California United States of America
Verizon Diamond Wireless
The Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, California United States of America

Verizon Diamond Wireless Deceptive sales of internet service Mission Viejo, California

I want to alert every consumer about deceptive sales tactics by Verizon Diamond wireless.

I was talked into signing up to Verizon's internet service under the promise that it was as cheap as cable internet access, and more convenient....you could just take the modem with you anywhere, and for $70 a month have all the internet service you would get from cable.

Imagine my surprise when under normal usage, meaning just modest use of youtube and Pandora, I got a bill for $500 in "data" charges. Turns out that the Verizon Diamond guy lied to me: any actual downloads from the internet would cost hundreds of dollars! My Cox cable allows me unlimited fast downloads for a flat $79 a month, and my brother's Comcast the same.

I called and complained, but Verizon refused to waive any charges, telling me that Diamond is a separate company, which is total nonsense. When I demanded they cancel the service, they charged me nearly $200 to do so.

Verizon is using a fake front company to lie to customers to get them away from cable for internet service. Watch out!! It took $700 of my money to find out the hard way: Verizon wireless in now way compares to DSL and cable access--it is TEN times more costly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Diamond-Wireless/Mission-Viejo-California-/Verizon-Diamond-Wireless-Deceptive-sales-of-internet-service-Mission-Viejo-California-944238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Diamond Wireless